Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Moto G and Tom Tom Navigation Devices

Recently given a Tom Tom 500 navigation device that needs to connect to a phone to receive live traffic updates. The phone needs to run Android 4.0 or later and has to be able to share the phones internet connection via bluetooth - bluetooth tethering I believe it's called. My old Samsung is too old to do this.
    I've seen the setting is available on HTC's and Samsungs running 4.1 but before I rush out and buy a Moto G is this feature in the Bluetooth settings. Have read the manuals on line but it isn't specifically mentioned.
    Many thanks.

Global Posts
    17,459 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Moto G and Tom Tom Navigation Devices

Something else to think about is if it requires the app from Play. Depending on which region you need, that can add up to a lot of space. The version for the USA needs 2.2 GB of free space for just the maps.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Quote Originally Posted by SurreyAlan View Post
    Recently given a Tom Tom 500 navigation device that needs to connect to a phone to receive live traffic updates. The phone needs to run Android 4.0 or later and has to be able to share the phones internet connection via bluetooth - bluetooth tethering I believe it's called. My old Samsung is too old to do this.
    I've seen the setting is available on HTC's and Samsungs running 4.1 but before I rush out and buy a Moto G is this feature in the Bluetooth settings. Have read the manuals on line but it isn't specifically mentioned.
    Many thanks.
    There is certainly an option for Bluetooth Tethering in the Tethering and Mobile Hotspot settings so it looks like it should work. But I haven't used it and don't have a compatible device to test for you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by baldpaul View Post
    But I haven't used it and don't have a compatible device to test for you.

Correction, works fine with my Nexus 7. Had to pair the two devices first then turn on Bluetooth tethering on my G then go back to tablet and back to Bluetooth settings and choose the option to use the G for internet connectivity.