1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HSPA+ Locations

I am thinking about picking the moto g up on the google play store. I know it doesn't use LTE so I want to know if there is HSPA+ service in Pittsburgh for T-Mobile? Would also be helpful to say if it is good service or moderate or bad. Thanks!

Default Re: HSPA+ Locations

There's no contracts with T-Mobile anymore, it's 30 days and out. Try them for 30 days and if you don't like them, switch to AT&T. You would need a refarmed area to get 3G on the 1900mhz. You maybe better off with a Nexus 5
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    There's no contracts with T-Mobile anymore, it's 30 days and out. Try them for 30 days and if you don't like them, switch to AT&T. You would need a refarmed area to get 3G on the 1900mhz. You maybe better off with a Nexus 5
    I cant afford a nexus 5 that is why this phone appeals to me. Im already on T-Mobile but my phone has LTE.

try a Moto X that has LTE and is a little cheaper than Nexus 5

See if this helps...

Quote Originally Posted by MotoClive View Post
    try a Moto X that has LTE and is a little cheaper than Nexus 5
    Moto X isn't any cheaper than a Nexus 5 unless you go used/refurb... and in that case you could get a used/refurb Nexus 5 for a similar price I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by SlayerKmA View Post
    See if this helps...
    This is slightly misleading — if you buy a "U.S." unlocked Moto G (from Motorola), it supports 1700/2100MHz (commonly referred to as "AWS") for HSPA+ 21. That means you don't need to be in a refarmed T-Mobile area to get HSPA+. You'll get HSPA+ on the U.S. unlocked Moto G on T-Mobile anywhere that its own-branded T-Mobile phones do. If you're worried about coverage or frequencies, just buy the Motorola one — there's no reason to buy the Google Play edition.

Per:

To the OP, I don't live in PA so I can't say for sure — maybe someone living there with T-Mobile could say — but T-Mobile's own coverage maps would be a good place to start: . According to that map you should be blanketed with HSPA+ coverage unless you happen to live in a weird spot of the city that is a small dead zone. As an earlier poster noted, you can try it out for 30 days and see for cheap. And as I said, there's no guessing if you simply buy the Moto G from Motorola — you can trust the T-Mo maps.
    LG Nexus 5 / LG Nexus 4 / HTC One / Sony Xperia ZL // T-Mobile / AT&T

My bad, you are correct Andrew...I was assuming that the OP was interested in buying the global version of the phone, but as you mentioned, the US version of the phone should pick HSPA+ even if his area has not been refarmed.