Font rendering issue in KitKat?

GravityMan

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
With the moto G, a few users (incl. myself) have noticed screen font rendering issue (of which I definitely did not notice before KitKat).

It seems as if text is garbled (ever so slightly) with some words with artefacts around the letters....

Anyone else notice something like that? Its noticeable in any webpage, Google play books or even Google Now Results....Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

Harvinder Sunila

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey GravityMan,
I had a really good look using web pages and google Now but I can't see any text issues...can you give me a website where it looks particularly bad and I can have a check on my screen ?

Harv.!

mtvictor

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I dont know what could be the problem there...
And one thing
How come you can get H+ and all I get is 3G?

Posted via Android Central App

Harvinder Sunila

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
It happens almost everytime im on xda forum's

Hi mtvictor,
I went to xda forums and it did happen on my phone, but only for a second, when it had finished loading the page it went back to normal...do you think it's got something to do with the page not loading properly in whichever browser you're using rather than the phone ?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi GravityMan,
I haven't seen that particular text issue on my phone ?

mtvictor

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi mtvictor,
I went to xda forums and it did happen on my phone, but only for a second, when it had finished loading the page it went back to normal...do you think it's got something to do with the page not loading properly in whichever browser you're using rather than the phone ?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi GravityMan,
I haven't seen that particular text issue on my phone ?

I think it's the browser who is fixing the page for mobile view or something

GravityMan

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I dont know what could be the problem there...
And one thing
How come you can get H+ and all I get is 3G?

H+? Coz that's network dependent.... Depends where u are, and individual network support/location

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

spanser

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I too have display issue. I was browsing play newsstand and suddenly all my icon's text has shrunk and become too shabbby
please help to understand this issue....

Screenshot_2014-05-12-00-56-22.jpg

insanezz

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I too have display issue. I was browsing play newsstand and suddenly all my icon's text has shrunk and become too shabbby
please help to understand this issue....

View attachment 117648

You should also browse the motorola forum...

This issue is known by moto, they will fix it (hopefully) in the next software update. It has to do with agressive ram or something.

Temp solution : install nova launcher or another custom launcher that should fix it

Verstuurd vanaf mijn XT1032 met Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance