Moto G Overheating and Excessive Battery Consumption

Harish Krishnan

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
I have been using moto g for the last 1 month. I found it very much disappointing to note that the set is overheating and battery is draining very soon. Battery usage is like this:
Mediaserver : 44%
Media : 36%
Screen : 16%....
Even if the set is Idle and no app is running. Any Solutions?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have been using moto g for the last 1 month. I found it very much disappointing to note that the set is overheating and battery is draining very soon. Battery usage is like this:
Mediaserver : 44%
Media : 36%
Screen : 16%....
Even if the set is Idle and no app is running. Any Solutions?

Welcome to the forums.
I would try clearing cache in recovery.
I don't know how exactly, but try this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...e-nexus-7-2012-2013-cache-partition-wipe.html

neu smurph

May 15, 2013
Visit site
An alternative suggestion. Go to Settings/Apps/All/Media Storage and hit Clear data and Clear cache. Reboot.

Check back after a couple of hours or so. If still experiencing drain with media server high on the list it suggests either that you have a corrupt media file (photo/music/video) somewhere on the device which is hanging the Media Server or an app incompatibility (likely candidates are apps that directly access the camera e.g. snapchat / skype).

MicrosoftFan

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
while i dont have an answer to your problem I want to let you know you're not alone my Moto G also overheats it gets hot quickly unlike my other phones,