Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Too Much Of RAM consumption!

I see too much of RAM consumption by the phone. All the time only 320MB +- 30MB is free out of 883MB.
    I have installed 2-3 apps from play store rest all are inbuilt app.Can any one has any idea on this??

Default Re: Too Much Of RAM consumption!

Welcome to Android Central! This is how Android normally works. Empty RAM is useless RAM, so in a 1 GB RAM device, the system typically likes to keep RAM anywhere from 60-80% full, depending on the situation. 2 GB RAM devices seem to keep RAM more like 50% full.

Review this article for more information: RAM: What it is, how it's used, and why you shouldn't care | Android Central

I noticed this too
    My moto G is always around 200 Ram free
    But my phone doesn't lag at all, not while opening a lot of apps, not even gaming
    So I stopped caring and realized Motorola did a great job optimizing this little thing

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Welcome to Android Central! This is how Android normally works. Empty RAM is useless RAM, so in a 1 GB RAM device, the system typically likes to keep RAM anywhere from 60-80% full, depending on the situation. 2 GB RAM devices seem to keep RAM more like 50% full.

Review this article for more information: RAM: What it is, how it's used, and why you shouldn't care | Android Central
    thank you for posting the explanation about Android and RAM...cause i'm getting tired to tell pplz not to worry about RAM consuption and that the system was made and optimized for using a lot of RAM lol also Android learns about what processes are mostly used and with time, it always keeps those processes in the memory, so when you call that app from background, it will return faster...that's one of the reasons task killers are useless lol

actually, killing tasks and completely closing your apps all the time, because you're paranoid with RAM usage, might make the phone slower than if you let Android do its job!

so just relax pplz! i have my Moto G for almost 4 months and i'm completely careless about RAM (and cache) and never once have i had any issues with lag or freezing or lack of memory lol

on the contrary, my little G is rly fast and smooth <3

sent from my Moto G <3

But if RAM is consumed..yes true, device running smooth but multitasking becomes big problem..

Global Posts
    390 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Karan Datwani View Post
    But if RAM is consumed..yes true, device running smooth but multitasking becomes big problem..
    Why? I don't understand that their is a problem.

Sent from my XT1032 using AC Forums mobile app
    Putting out fire with gasoline