Warranty after breaking screen

PsyOr

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
GPE, Google warranty.
The question is what is the policy of the 1 year warranty - I'm not asking for replace the screen, if I buy a new screen and replace it by myself but after a while I need to use the warranty, will they refuse to take any action because the screen has replaced?

If so, what should I do? The broken screen is our fault not google's but we need to replace the screen (I can do it myself)..any info about how it works if we replace the screen and after need to use warranty for something else?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Have you contacted Google to see if they can replace it, for a fee? If you replace it yourself, they could use it as an excuse not to honor warranty

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

PsyOr

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Have you contacted Google to see if they can replace it, for a fee? If you replace it yourself, they could use it as an excuse not to honor warranty

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Yeah, well its a good point..
I'll contact them and update here what they say.
Do you have a mail or any idea how to contact them (I'm not from the US)?

Ivo-p

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Well I would start by writing the Motorola support team, not Google's. They however will probably tell you to contact the local warranty provider. If you replace the screen there, you shouldn't have any warranty problems

Sent from my XT1032 using AC Forums mobile app

PsyOr

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Well I would start by writing the Motorola support team, not Google's. They however will probably tell you to contact the local warranty provider. If you replace the screen there, you shouldn't have any warranty problems

Sent from my XT1032 using AC Forums mobile app

thanks for reply!
I bought this device from Google Play [GPE], I didn't found any costumer service mail of google nor motorola..
Do you have any idea how to get their mail?

PsyOr

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Thank you.
I've contact Motorola support, they referred me to Google, as I bought the device from US Play.
Also he said that if I'll replace the screen by myself it avoid the warranty (as I thought) so I tried to contact Google (not via phone) by left them a message at 'chat', hope they will answer.
Anyway I guess they'll send me back to Motorola to fix the screen, as their engineers deal with it.

Still have no idea how much it cost (new screen without front frame cost 60$-70$, dealing with shipping it to the US and back and the uknown price..maybe I'll preffer to avoid the warranty (the sucks is its only 2 weeks being used out of the 1year warranty) and do it myself.

Does anyone have a recommend of new screen with or without frame assembly? (LINK)
Also, if someone have another idea what should I do or have a google play any e-mail address it will be great.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
New screen $50 replacement G $50 Hmm Just buy another phone.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

PsyOr

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
The device (16GB) cost me 300$ (include Tax, VAT, shipping), it's not going to gather dust in a drawer.
Even if I'll buy a new device, this one will be use.

I've contact Google support via this link: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/2411741?rd=2 at 'chat with us', left them a message, as he said there is no problem to replace the screen by myself as I know what I'm doing, he (like Motorola) recommended to do it at repair shop but anyway replace the screen will not void the warranty (for future need), so its answer my question.

Thank for the help guys,
Anyway if someone have a recommend link for new screen at good price (I've found only screen without the front frame) it would be great!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang