Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone know what hardware version the Moto G sold by Cricket is?

Does anyone know what hardware version (e.g. global GSM, US GSM, other) this Moto G sold by Cricket Wireless is?:

https://www.cricketwireless.com/cell...otorola-moto-g

I believe it's $149.99 before $50 rebate. A customer service rep told me it's SIM-unlocked, but I'm skeptical. That rep and everyone else at Cricket I talked to are complete dumbasses. For example, I asked that same rep if I could use a GSM Android smartphone on their $25 / month Talk and Text plan if I disabled mobile data on the phone and first he told me I could, then later told me I couldn't (sounds like the same old AT&T). Does anyone know if they're really sold SIM-unlocked?

Default Re: Anyone know what hardware version the Moto G sold by Cricket is?

I would try and get an exact model number and any other specs related info from them.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I tried, but the guy I was talking to was useless and told me the only information available is what's on the website. He was supposed to transfer me to some tech support department that could provide better information, but actually transferred me to a different rep that was even worse.

Well cricket is AT&T now, and AT&T usually sells it sim locked gsm. My guess would be that. Especially considering the $100 ar price. Unlocked goes for higher

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

I own a moto g on new cricket and it is sim locked. I put a non aio cricket Sim in and needed to unlock it. So I went to a website and unlocked the Sim.

Posted via Android Central App

You can unlock it by buying a code from ebay

Sent from my XT1032 using AC Forums mobile app