Android "L" Developments and News for Moto G

Nikhil Ramakrishnan

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Okay I know that in the coming months there will be a large number of posts with queries like "Will Moto G get it?", "When will Dual SIM version get it?" etc. So I decided to make this post for all your queries and further development discussions related to the new Android "L" specifically for Moto G. It'll take some months for Google to release it to the public, obviously.

What are your thoughts about the latest Android treat? What more do you expect to see?

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I love the new battery saver mode!!! I know thus doesn't relate to this section I have a galaxy tab 3 7.0 and I wanted to know if anyone thinks it would get this "L" release?

Posted via Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Sunit Poni promised updates. Based on what they've done so far, there is no reason to believe that all variants of the Moto G won't get Android 'L'.

ogamawab

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Android is switching over to the ART mode... You can do it now on kit Kat... If you don't want to wait...

Sent from my XT1034 using AC Forums mobile app

Nikhil Ramakrishnan

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Punit Soni promised updates. Based on what they've done so far, there is no reason to believe that all variants of the Moto G won't get Android 'L'.

They should get them surely, but because I still haven't got 4.4.3 or 4.4.4, it'll probably take a long time to roll out to all regions.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
They should get them surely, but because I still haven't got 4.4.3 or 4.4.4, it'll probably take a long time to roll out to all regions.

4.4.3 is probably dead. If Motorola hasn't already pushed it, they'll likely skip it. With the exploit known, Motorola should be working towards 4.4.4 anyway.

ogamawab

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Read the article over at CNET about the Android L and the new Art mode that will make Android run faster...

Nikhil Ramakrishnan

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Android is switching over to the ART mode... You can do it now on kit Kat... If you don't want to wait...

I am currently using ART and I actually have noticed smooth scroll and fast loading (call it placebo, but it works). When we get the stable ART on "L", it might be better than this.

Nikhil Ramakrishnan

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol