Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default virgin media super hub problems

Hi I'm from the uk and my wifi router is the virgin media super hub

I bought a 16gb moto g a few weeks ago and had to take it back because it had problems with my vm super hub and yes it is the moto gs falit it is a known problem

The problem is when the g is connected to the super hub the wifi signal drops a lot but nothing on the phone including the wifi icon up top indicate a problem. And like I said it is known by motorola that the moto g has problems with the virgin media super hub. So I was just wandering in the latest moto g android 4.4.3 update has this problem been fixed. If it has is it likley that the same problem could come back in future updates.

Sorry for this being long winded and for the spelling mistakes lol

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: virgin media super hub problems

I had the same problem when i got my Moto g...i changed the wi fi channel on the super hub from 1 to 9 and that fixed it...no more probs. I can even get a signal in the garden.
    Hope this helps.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Are u sure u had the same problem my wifi kept droping but they was apsurlutly no way to tell it had droped without atempting a wifi signal as far as the phone was concerned it had a wifi signal and how long did yours drop for aprox

All so how the hell do I change my signal from 1 too 9 and did who have any probs with anything else befor that

Also changeing the signal from 1 too 9 did it scow up anything else afterwords

My wi fi signal was very erratic....you should have received a booklet with your super hub...it tells you how to change wifi channels...it has ran like a charm since...no drop outs and full signal...i even get 3 bars in the garden. Try it and if it doesn't work ring Virgin Media as it may be faulty..they will do some signal checks.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

What does this signal change thing do and did u have any probs with anything else before hand or was it just your moto g

I need to make sure it will work because other wise I have to buy the moto g and then take it back again witch is a bother plus what else do u have connected to the internet and did signal changeing affect those in any bad way I need to be sure of all this

Plus do u have superhub 1 or 2