Battery Drain while mounting a USB drive
Is this normal? I mean my battery went from 90 to 60 in an hour while watching a movie from the mounted USB disk at the lowest brightness. Its the first time I've tried the OTG functionality on my Moto G, so can't seem to know if this is normal.
Any help will be appreciated.
Sent from my XT1033 using AC Forums mobile app
- 07-16-2014, 10:16 AM #3
Re: Battery Drain while mounting a USB drive
Not sure if it's entirely normal, but it's expected. When using OTG, if not powered by an external USB port, it draws the energy from YOUR phone, and USB sticks/hard drives are not usually designed to work with low power, and they do take a toll.
- 07-16-2014, 05:48 PM #5
- By Perry Moore in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 6Last Post: Yesterday, 10:41 PM
- By CompuDino in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 6Last Post: 08-16-2014, 09:43 AM
- By grumbledook in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 8Last Post: 07-23-2014, 04:25 PM
- By Lucy Davies in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 3Last Post: 07-17-2014, 09:41 AM
- By belodion in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 6Last Post: 07-16-2014, 06:29 AM