How can I stop the screen from asking me to change wall paper if I have only set my finger on the di

Emerogork

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
How can I stop the screen from asking me to change wall paper if I have only set my finger on the display? Is this always going to happen until I reprogram the phone using code?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: MOTO G Just purchased yesterday My first question...

Welcome to Android Central! It should only ask you if you want to change the wallpaper if you press and hold an empty part of the homescreen for more than about half a second. It shouldn't occur with quick taps. Is that what's happening? In general, you shouldn't be pressing and holding anything on the screen unless you intend to do something like move an icon or place a widget or change the homescreen.

Emerogork

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site

Well, I don't plan to be using the phone only while sitting at a desk and using dainty care catering to the delicacy of the phone. It is to be working for me, not the other way around.

Can I change the time of this press and hold?
How do I kill this silly wallpaper request?
Do users really use it that much for it to have such a high priority?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

It's a little puzzling to me that this would be a problem, since the long-press delay should be fairly substantial--a person would have to be keeping their finger on the screen for at least a half second before the request came up. Normal operation of any kind of Android device is short taps for selection, and long presses to bring up more options. If a person makes it a habit to keep a finger touching the screen, it won't work well. There's also the possibility that your device is faulty, and that it is detecting very minimal presses as a long-press.

That being said, you can try going to Settings>Accessibility, and look for a "Touch & hold delay" option. Set it to Long.

Emerogork

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site

Long Hold is a problem for me as I am not a dainty finger user of the phone. I actually hold it as if I were swinging a hammer.

I used Nova as the launcher and it is far more difficult to bring up the request for wall paper changing. Personally it should be at least a double click.

I wonder, it it that people have nothing better to do than to change wall paper? Innit sorta strange that it is the first and most trippable option on the phone?

I got rid of all the other accidentally tripped ops by moving them to a folder although, for some reason, there are those ops that will not sit in a folder. I even narrowed the main screen down to one panel as that was a problem too.

Mischief (practically ) managed.....

Last edited:

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Why is it more difficult to bring up wallpaper on Nova?

No problems my end.

Sent from my XT1032 using AC Forums mobile app

Emerogork

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Why is it more difficult to bring up wallpaper on Nova?
No problems my end.
p

I guess I did not word that very well, did I? What I meant to say is that it is not as easy on Nova to bring up the wallpaper. More so, it brings up a list of useful options as well making it not as lame.

I am not sure what makes it different, but I don't have to be so delicate with the phone to avoid touching the screen least I bring up a useless menu. Maybe it just takes a bit longer of a touch to invoke it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you try my suggestion of changing the Touch & Hold Delay to Long? That seems to work pretty well on my Nexus 5.

Emerogork

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Actually I don't recall. After switching to Nova to be able to move the app button from the bottom, I was happy and the accidental tap for the wallpaper seemed to work the way I wanted. I don't know if that is a property of Nova or not but things work very well from there.

There is a strange situation. If I hold the phone with my left hand and tap the phone with my right thumb, it works as expected. It is very reliable though that If I hold it with my left hand and use my left thumb, it does not seem to work as well. Right hand and right thumb works as expected. Maybe I should have had more tap lessons when I was a kid.

This is not more than a curio as the option really doesn't make any difference for me as I have little or no use for it anyway.

Last edited:

Emerogork

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I eventually found that option but before I did, the Nova launcher was far less sensitive (to my liking) already. I guess it would not have been a problem from the start had I knew. Meanwhile, at least Nova allowed me to remove all icons from the home screen and place them in a folder allowing for far fewer accidental activations of apps..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87