Play music after kitkat 4.4.4 update

Brian9999

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi Tried this on my Moto G but no dice thanks for the try

Noticed that the ringtones I was trying to use were all tracks from the albums my machine will not play.

All of these albums are ones which I own the CD, legally and have ripped them to transfer them to the phone.

On the previous Android version they all played perfect but on 4.4.4 Kitkat DISASTER DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS UPDATE

kitkatkid

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
are you also facing any such problems?

@Brian9999 do you know anyone else with such problems? Also you're suggested to do a factory reset...

Brian9999

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
All the files that cannot now be played are WMA files ripped from legally owned CDs via windows media player. Looks like the latest Kitkat update stops Google play music from now playing these files. Have downloaded a 3rd party music player app. that plays mp3 AND wma files. So far so good but no shuffle feature. Nil points to Android for this.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
So the issue is with Google Play Music no longer recognizing WMA files locally after the KitKat 4.4.4 update?

What do you see in Google Play Music? Do your tracks show up? Please clarify "refuse".

Mangalam1

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. Cannot play any wma music files anymore. Have cleared cache. Have done 'factory reset'. Have insttalled other players than Google Play Music ( Rocket Play, Player Pro, AIMP). Each time same problem. Can only play MP3 files. Before update to 4.4.4 there was no problem. Any suggestions?

BuckWilde

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I've been having this same issue as well. I have music on my phone, stuff I ripped myself from my own CD's, and now it doesn't work anymore. It was when my phone updated to 4.4.4 that it stopped reading WMA files. I've tried several different apps, and they wont play. What's funny is the music I down loaded works fine because that's all mp3's.

Beckerman

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Same problem! After the upgrade none of my WMA files will play.
When I tried Rocket Play the same thing happened. My Moto G no longer plays music.
I tried clearing the cache and the data but that did nothing.
I also tried adding a new album, but Google Play couldn't find it and Rocket play said "sorry, the free player failed to play the song."

maxell_magic

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
The problem that I am having is that Play Music detects all the audio files in the memory card and not just one specific folder, so when I try to play music everything is mixed in the same list. In the other hand, when I try to use another music player the audios stop suddenly after I lock the phone, so I have no idea what could be doing the players from shutting down or how to configure Play Music to only play music from an specific folder.
Any ideas, suggestions?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The problem that I am having is that Play Music detects all the audio files in the memory card and not just one specific folder, so when I try to play music everything is mixed in the same list

That is how Play Music is designed.

F111Droid

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
It is even more complicated. I had no issues with any WMA in Android 4.4, other than some album art showing up and some not. In Android 4.4.2, I get a message for some of those same songs that "Sorry, the player cannot play this audio file for it is modified or deleted." for multiple songs from multiple albums I own. Each of the folders and songs shows up in File Manager, Music Player and Google Play Music. However, every song from one album plays either when I select it from File Manager and click on it or select it to play from either Music Player or Google Play Music. I have not determined why every song from this one album backed up in WMA format plays and the others do not.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2