Stephen Spackman

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
Listen to music that you transfer to phone?

Recently transferred some music to my G but it doesn't want to play the songs. They go into the download app but when i exit the songs stop playing. Am i doing something wrong?

Posted via Android Central App

blackveils

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
thats weird, i have just looked on my moto g with android 4.4.4, and there is no music app anywhere. so i am not sure what people are supposed to use as a light and simple option...

@ HK63:
not that it matters for me really, but mine does not have any video or music player on the system, i just checked in app drawer (even hidden items) and play store installed apps.

i think it would be useful for people to say what are reliable, light and simple video and music players, i wont be the only moto g user without those apps.

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Another vote for PowerAmp. Great app, can honestly play every file type I have thrown at it. I have had others from Play that claim they can, but can't.

Signed, a Nexus 5, AC forums app, and Android L.

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Curious as to why there is no dedicated music app on Android?

Doesn't make sense.

Posted via Android Central App

The dedicated music app that comes preinstalled is Play Music. As for it being weird, not really; I'm guessing they copied the idea of Play Music from Apple's iTunes -- which is the only music player that comes preloaded on iPhones. For that matter, XBox music is the only music app that Microsoft loads on its phones, though Nokia adds their own music player on Nokia branded phones.

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site

neu smurph

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Given the Moto G's limited storage I've settled on DSub with my home laptop running a Subsonic Server as my main music player. So I can stream my personal music from my home laptop and the app very easily allows me to cache specific tracks/albums on the phone via wifi so I can vary my selection for offline play. If I had 128GB storage on my phone PowerAmp all the way.

Have done the same with G Play Music, but it is a pain in the **** pain in the derrier uploading personal music to the server and sometimes there are glitches. I do use All Access as a music discovery service though having got 3 months free as a Chromecast owner.

*OK I understand that this is a family friendly forum but automatically blanking out very innocuous words for a body part that everyone has got is just plain crazy censorship. Get a Flipping, Freaking, Flying Furkin Grip will ya AC? Its Bollocks. Pretty poor censorship software anyway when Bollocks is OK and *** ain't...

Rant over.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs