Wifi connects everywhere but my home

anon177

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
So, this is the first time I'm using a smartphone. I've just gained this Moto G yesterday, tried to connect at my home's wifi and I didn't work. Later I went to my university and had no problems when connecting in theirs wifi and at my friend's house wifi.
When i'm at home, I click to connect at my wifi, put the pass correctly and then nothing happens.

I've already tried to: restart my modem, forgot the wifi to try again, restart the mobile phone... nothing worked.
What is causing this issue and how to solve it? Thanks.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I actually got no message at all. When I click to connect, nothing happens.
When you pull down the notification shade, is the WiFi icon white or orange? If it's the latter, then it's not connecting to Google services and you'll have issues connecting to a few things. I usually fix that by removing the Google account and adding it again.

anon177

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
When you pull down the notification shade, is the WiFi icon white or orange? If it's the latter, then it's not connecting to Google services and you'll have issues connecting to a few things. I usually fix that by removing the Google account and adding it again.
The WiFi icon doesn't appear (in the upper right corner). Like I said, when I click to connect, nothing at all happens. If the WiFi was forgoten, then it just saves it again but doesn't connect. If it is saved, then I click to connect and again... nothing happens. Btw, how do I remove the google account?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What happens on the Settings>Wi-fi screen when you turn on wi-fi. Does it actually register as "On"? Or is it greyed out?

You can remove a Google account in Settings>Accounts. Select your account, tap the menu button, then Remove account.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez