Absolutely cannot get my Moto G4 Plus to connect to my PC or Mac

gkparker85

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Greetings,

Recently purchased a Moto G4 Plus 4GB / 64GB from Amazon and absolutely cannot get it to connect to either of my 2 PC computers or my Macbook Pro. When I plug in the USB cable and unlock the phone screen windows gives the familiar "usb device connected" chime, correctly identifies that a Moto G4 has been plugged in, and begins to automatically install drivers/software. Once the installation is complete however, the phone does not show up in My Computer. It is listed in the device manager under "other devices" as a Moto G4 but with a yellow exclamation mark. Right clicking and selecting properties shows that there is "no device driver installed" and "no compatible device drivers available."

I have tried dragging down the tray on my phone screen and switching from "USB Charging" to "File transfers" as well as all of the other options. Toggling between USB modes causes Windows to sound the familiar "usb device disconnected" chime but nothing happens. I have tried multiple USB cables, including the one that came with the phone. I have tried right clicking and uninstalling the device from the device manager, installing the latest USB drivers from the Motorola website, and plugging the phone back in - still no success. I have even tried this on a completely different machine running Windows 10 as well as a Macbook Pro running OSX - all with the same results. At this point I am inclined to think that there is something wrong with my phone. Any suggestions?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar