Screen randomly lights up while locked?

mwemaxxowner

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys. I'm sure this is a simple fix, but it's driving me nuts. My screen lights up onto the lock screen seemingly randomly while it should be asleep.

I have turned off notifications on lock screen, and any other feature I think might make this happen.

Anybody else have this happen? No big deal, except I'm concerned about it wasting battery over a day. I'm stumped at the moment.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Have you checked the Accessibility settings. It may be set to some hearing impaired mode where the screen lights for notifications. I think this setting would supersede notification settings as they deal mostly with sounds and such and these settings are meant to special aid the user.

mwemaxxowner

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
I did, and made sure all those were turned off. It's still lighting up. And did it in airplane mode fwiw. A Google showed me I'm not the only one. Apparently there are apps that show what apps are causing the screen to light. But it seems they want a root.

mwemaxxowner

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
It has something to do with one of the moto app "features". Instead of having an led that lights up upon receiving notifications,the phone was designed to light the screen. I'd prefer it to not do it though. Even if I turn off all notifications on the lock screen, something going on in the background still forces light up events.

You can change settings, however, to force the screen off while locked while you sleep. So I set the screen to sleep mode from 12 midnight to 11:59 pm. Which has been a bandaid workaround.

I still notice it when I pick the phone up or pull it from my pocket, but I think this is an unannounced different feature. I get the feeling the phone was designed to sense when you pick it up and light the screen for you. The other lighting was too random for it to happen EVERY time I lift the phone to view.

I can't find any literature stating this is a feature, or any settings for it, but I'm sure of that.

If laid still on a table now, I don't notice any unwanted screen lighting events.

All fwiw for anyone else who has this "problem".

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech