Touchscreen issues?

david61983

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
I just ordered this phone but I've heard some have touchscreen and heating issues? Are these very widespread and is there a fix?

cupofcloud

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
From what I understand the touchscreen issue is a ghost touch thing. I haven't noticed it on my g4 plus, however my moto g³ has this issue when I use the phone while plugged in.

The heat issue isn't much of an issue for me as I don't use the camera very often for long periods of time. Many of said that's when they notice the heat when using the camera for more than five minutes and causes the video camera to slow down and get choppy.
Sometimes it gets noticeably warm while playing a game, but nothing way too hot where it's risking damage or the phone rebooting itself.
Supposedly it's because the SD 617 typically runs hot. But from my experience, it's not too bad. I've had phones in the past that would get hotter with less predictability of what processes will heat it up.

SaifRKhan

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site
From what I understand the touchscreen issue is a ghost touch thing. I haven't noticed it on my g4 plus, however my moto g³ has this issue when I use the phone while plugged in.

The heat issue isn't much of an issue for me as I don't use the camera very often for long periods of time. Many of said that's when they notice the heat when using the camera for more than five minutes and causes the video camera to slow down and get choppy.
Sometimes it gets noticeably warm while playing a game, but nothing way too hot where it's risking damage or the phone rebooting itself.
Supposedly it's because the SD 617 typically runs hot. But from my experience, it's not too bad. I've had phones in the past that would get hotter with less predictability of what processes will heat it up.

Hey I have been having issues with my month old moto g4 plus 32 gb edition. While charging the phones screen becomes mad.... It doesn't respond properly. The touch response comes from places where I do not touch ..... I use the charger supplied... Plz offer me help

cupofcloud

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey I have been having issues with my month old moto g4 plus 32 gb edition. While charging the phones screen becomes mad.... It doesn't respond properly. The touch response comes from places where I do not touch ..... I use the charger supplied... Plz offer me help

Does your phone have a case on it? Some people have reported that after removing their cheap third-party case, the touch issues go away...

SaifRKhan

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site
Does your phone have a case on it? Some people have reported that after removing their cheap third-party case, the touch issues go away...

Well it only has the plastic guard factory fitted over the screen. And as far as I think my problem arises only during charging..... Plz do try to find out it's solution buddy... Thanks in advance

david61983

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
I got the ghost touch issue yesterday for the first time. I restarted and haven't had any issues since. Should I be concerned? My warranty expires in less than 2 months.

Devils Advocate

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I have had the touhscreen ghost touch with my moto about 6 times without the case and less with the case not charging just going nuts. I called Best Buy and as soon as I can get it there I will go back to my Brigadier until I get my new moto. Love the phone but man this touchscreen is driving me nuts.

RoccoH

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
I got the ghost touch issue yesterday for the first time. I restarted and haven't had any issues since. Should I be concerned? My warranty expires in less than 2 months.

I understand this phone was released mid 2016, so you only got 6 months of warranty?!! What kind of country is that allowing such a short warranty period? Here in Europe it is 24 months warranty by law.

Anyway I have my phone since mid 2016 and have not had a single ghost touch issue up to now.

RoccoH

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
On your phone, go to settings, legal information, warranty.

If Best Buy did not perform the refurbishment by an authorised party then your 12 months Motorola warranty was voided by Best Buy! In that case I would definitely claim with Best Buy.

PS I don't know what is so "Best Buy" about USD 190 for a refurbished phone, which costs new only slightly more.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1