Bluetooth trouble-phone won't connect

Matt413

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi
For months my phone worked perfectly with my car with Chevy Mylink.

About 3 weeks ago my phone stopped properly connecting. Screenshot_20170307-211316.jpg

I can't check the phone option. . I can click it and it won't "check". I've unpaired it, and re-paired it and sometimes it will briefly work, but then the next time I try it tells me the phone isn't paired again.

Any suggestions?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
One of them, the phone or the car radio, got an update. If it's the phone, see if the car dealer's service department has an update for the car radio.

(Understand - Bluetooth is a method of connecting two devices. It has no single specification yet for what data is transferred, the format of the data, etc. So some phone/car combinations don't work. It's the same as 2003, when you couldn't send an MMS from one carrier to another. They'll get it straightened out one day.

anjilslaire

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
This is exactly what's happened with my Chevy as well. It started yesterday. i don't subscribe to Onstar, so I doubt that it's a car-side update, but I'd like to get it fixed.

Matt413

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Interesting. Not sure if it was a coincidence, but I uninstalled Adguard and my pairing settings seemed to work (at least for 2 days and a couple of test calls). I will definitely try this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae