Nougat anyone?

SonDan

Jan 27, 2011
oldschoolmusiclover.com
As January 2017 winds down, I wanted to check in to see if any G4 owners have received Nougat yet.
I check my unlocked G4 for update weekly -- since the first announcement that we would get it 4th quarter 2016. Alas no Nougat.

lumivalo

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Its existence definitely been confirmed, although I've had numerous (wildly conflicting) dates for release told to me by support staff, including "ASAP", late 2016 (false), and early March 2017.

cupofcloud

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
it's pretty sad when you see all these g5 leaks and news and here over in the states we haven't seen our first update yet :/

SonDan

Jan 27, 2011
oldschoolmusiclover.com
It has been two months since my original post and still no Nougat for me here in US. Congrats to you in UK. When I get it, itwill probably be the day before Android version 8.0 is announced.

SonDan

Jan 27, 2011
oldschoolmusiclover.com
Well March is almost over and a Developer version of Android O has been released.
Moto5 has happened. But still no Nougat for my G4. 😞

Edited.

Last edited:

selw0nk

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Well March is almost over and a Developer version of Android O has been released.
Moto5 has happened. But still no Marshmallow for my G4. ??????

Marshmallow came with my Moto G4. I ended up unlocking my bootloader and flashing a Nougat rom. I couldn't wait any longer with all this.

SonDan

Jan 27, 2011
oldschoolmusiclover.com
Marshmallow came with my Moto G4. I ended up unlocking my bootloader and flashing a Nougat rom. I couldn't wait any longer with all this.
I just read your reply and realized my error and edited my post to say "and still no Nougat!"

Wish I new about flashing and ROMs but I have no clue. Just waiting for the OTA update that appears to never be coming. Argh.

SonDan

Jan 27, 2011
oldschoolmusiclover.com
I thought it was a Google April Fool joke at first. Turns out Nougat really is available for me to download today. I am installing on my unlocked Moto G4 now.

Felix Wong

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I got prompted for, and ended up installing, the Nougat update on April 6, 2017 on an unlocked Moto G4 using Cricket Wireless.

It works well as far as I can tell. I haven't noticed a change in performance nor encountered any bugs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital