Video mode not selectable

becool773

Jan 1, 2017
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I am using Moto G4 with Nougat. In the camera settings both for the front and back cameras I get an option to record videos in qHD mode but I am not able to select this mode. Any heads up? And a noob question is 1080p Full HD better than qHD 540p?

HlBNIcA.png

XbPvPui.png

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I'm not entirely clear on this. It looks like that setting is for when you record in slow-motion, so are you saying the camera won't record in slow-motion? Or is it that if you tap on Video Size (Rear) option, you get Full HD and qHD options, but you can't select qHD for recording non-slow-motion videos?

becool773

Jan 1, 2017
Visit site
Sorry, I'm not entirely clear on this. It looks like that setting is for when you record in slow-motion, so are you saying the camera won't record in slow-motion? Or is it that if you tap on Video Size (Rear) option, you get Full HD and qHD options, but you can't select qHD for recording non-slow-motion videos?

The bold part+even if I select the front cam to record in qHD in slow motion, I am not able to select that option/setting.

becool773

Jan 1, 2017
Visit site

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Will try and let you know. Will I loose any data from the card or internal storage? And how to get out of safe mode?
"Simply power cycle the device(what does power cycle mean?) to disable safe mode, and then go through the process of trying to identify and removing the problem application"

"Power cycle" is fancy tech-speak for "turn it off, then turn it on again".

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Will I loose any data from the card or internal storage?

No, you won't lose any data. Safe Mode only temporarily disables any app you installed, which can help you narrow down the problem to something you installed vs something that was preinstalled.

becool773

Jan 1, 2017
Visit site
No, you won't lose any data. Safe Mode only temporarily disables any app you installed, which can help you narrow down the problem to something you installed vs something that was preinstalled.

Tried that but not able to select that camera mode in safe mode also. I think its due to some setting or something, no app can cause that. Any other help?