04-23-2017 05:34 PM
30 12
tools
    Still using my Turbo 2 which has a nice feature built in. There is a built in magnet on the back that works with a magnetic car mount. I'm assuming it's because it has wireless charging. Does the g5 plus do wireless charging and does it have a magnet built in to use with a magnetic car mount? thx!
    No wireless charging and no magnet. It is a pretty good phone for the money.
    04-21-2017 08:32 PM
    Moto has issued a patch for the 911 over VoLTE issue. See this thread at the Moto forums.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G5...g/td-p/3646453

Edit: Even though I downloaded and installed the patch yesterday I got a Moto alert this morning saying 911 calling over VoLTE wasn't working and a software fix was coming. I had enabled VoLTE after installing the patch to try it out as I had never used it previously. I have disabled it again pending an explanation from Moto.
    Ry likes this.
    04-22-2017 05:14 AM
    After reading about the VZ 911 issue (and my previous VZ Cloud issue), I decided to do some deeper research into my Moto G5 Plus compatibility on the Verizon Wireless Network and here is what I have found so far.

VZ features:
    Share Name ID : Compatible
    HD Voice - Compatible (Disable this feature if you want to call 911)
    NFL Mobile - NOT Compatible
    VZ Message+ - Compatible on primary device (No Sync across devices)
    INDYCAR Mobile - NOT Compatible
    go90 - NOT Compatible
    Stream Pass NBA - NOT Compatible
    VZ Support and Protection - NOT Compatible
    VZ Family Base - Compatible
    Visual Voice Mail - Compatible
    VZ Cloud - NOT Compatible
    VZ Navigator - Compatible
    Roadside Assistance - Compatible
    Family Locator - Compatible
    Ringback Tones - Compatible
    Push To Talk Plus - Compatible
    VZ Caller Name ID - NOT Compatible

I have also noticed that I do not have 4G LTE (or any LTE) signal while WiFi is enabled. I am still researching that issue.

I hope that VZ and Lenovo/Moto figure this out in the near future, but until that happens, other Verizon Wireless customers should be aware that not all of the network features you may have beeen using in the past will be available with the G5 Plus.
    My 14 day return hassle free at Best Buy was due up yesterday. I may not have kept it if I had know all these potential issues. Most of the time I disable the majority of these apps on a regular basis. The real problem I have is not having access to 911 as this is my teenagers phone
    04-22-2017 08:08 PM
    My 14 day return hassle free at Best Buy was due up yesterday. I may not have kept it if I had know all these potential issues. Most of the time I disable the majority of these apps on a regular basis. The real problem I have is not having access to 911 as this is my teenagers phone
    The issue only occurs if VoLTE is enabled has been patched already. See my post above yours. My phone has already been updated.
    04-23-2017 06:00 AM
    The issue only occurs if VoLTE is enabled has been patched already. See my post above yours. My phone has already been updated.
    Went to Verizon today after calling and verifying they did that had a nano Sim for the Moto G 5Plus in store. We t to store and they had to use a cutting device to make my previous micro Sim fit. Very pissed off they made me wait over 45 minutes to tell me they had none.. I would have had them call another store my we could have driven to and gotten it done faster..
    --Simpler answer to your reply is as soon it came up it showed small update available and stored the advanced LTE issue was being resolved.
    badcat likes this.
    04-23-2017 05:34 PM
30 12