Hasselblad to announce 'game changer' next week ("MOTO Z" Camera Mod incoming)?

Cookedart

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, but it seems like hasselblad is releasing a medium format mirrorless interchangeable lens camera. What made you think it was going to be a moto mod, or even phone related?

EDIT: Nevermind, found the evleaks image. They are releasing both the high end mirrorless and a moto mod. Excited to see what it could be. My expectation would be that it would be very expensive though.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Hasselblad to announce 'game changer' next week ("MOTO Z" Camera Mod incoming)?

Lenovo was a top 5 OEM in volume but got passed by Vivo and OPPO (note Lenovo and Xiaomi both dropped out of the top 5). I seriously doubt lack of updates were a significant driving factor Lenovo-Motorola marketshare decreased.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Whatever you say

Posted via the Android Central App

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Did Hasselblad actually announce anything? No news on Twitter or elsewhere. I skimmed the video quickly and didn't see anything.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
This is a drip drip "launch." If they wait too long, all the buzz will be about the new Note 7, Nexus, and iPhones. Moto will be a tired afterthought.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
This is a drip drip "launch." If they wait too long, all the buzz will be about the new Note 7, Nexus, and iPhones. Moto will be a tired afterthought.

Yeah I agree. I hope they come out with a killer price point to get the excitement back, but I sort of doubt that considering Verizon will be putting some marketing dollars behind this and declaring it the flagship of the summer. The Turbo 2 was released at a higher retail price than the Galaxy S6 (and the Turbo 2 is still $50 more if you buy it outright from Verizon today). The S7 is $672 right now...gawd what if the Z Force is $599 or more?

I think they will sell a lot regardless of whether the tech blogs give it a lot of coverage in a month or two when its released. As I've posted before two of the tech-ignorant people in my family walked into a verizon store and walked out with motorola droids in the last 6 months. They would have walked out with an old piece of wood with a dialpad drawn on with crayon if that's what the sales person had suggested....so clearly Verizon will push the Droids when possible.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Beyond the price, they need some good deals like trade in your old droid or something and get a good rebate. But I agree the retail price for the droid from Verizon will likely be overpriced.

Bankz111

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
So disappointed they didn't announce anything tbh. Was really looking forward to it.

Honestly, They're really blowing it with their launch strategy and I can't see how this phone wouldn't be eaten alive by the iphone 7 and the note 7. If I don't hear anything concrete by august 2nd, I'll definitely be going with the ip7+ and the note 7.

I'm not cut out for such incompetence and btw I'm not really interested in the nexus phones.. They're mostly boring phones tbh. Btw, mobile space is mostly boring as it were, so, the least thing I need is any more of such in my system right now. Except they can convince me otherwise.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Everyone needs to take a page out of Apple's book and have dates ready when these things get announced.

And these announcements should take place at-most two weeks from market availability. Six to eight weeks (based on our very own happysaiyan saying late July for the Verizon launch) is too long.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Everyone needs to take a page out of Apple's book and have dates ready when these things get announced.

And these announcements should take place at-most two weeks from market availability. Six to eight weeks (based on our very own happysaiyan saying late July for the Verizon launch) is too long.

Agreed. I was excited to buy the phone after the announcement. The longer I have to wait, though, the more likely I am to see what the Note and Nexus look like before buying a phone.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I can't understand that logic either. Are they concerned about leaks? People's attention spans are very short. You have to capitalize on whatever buzz and excitement generated quickly or it dissipates and people move on to the next thing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1