Tumi Moto Mod wireless charging back has already shipped

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Placed the order today as part of the 40 percent off Moto Mods promotion with Verizon and the Tumi wireless charging back mod has already shipped. Though, admittedly, when I received the e-mail from Verizon, was hoping it was for a very early delivery of my Z Force Droid. Alas, was not meant to be. :D

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
So fast the wireless charging back works fantastic. I tested mine with my Samsung wireless fast charger and my wireless cR charger. Both work flawlessly.

Grey_arc

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Best buy is carrying the Incipio wireless charging battery mod as well. I like it better than the Tumi as it has a nice grippy feel to it.

Posted via the Android Central App

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Best buy is carrying the Incipio wireless charging battery mod as well. I like it better than the Tumi as it has a nice grippy feel to it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ditto. Switched to the Incipio a couple weeks ago. Much better feel.

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I have both and switched to Incipio but some behavior on its part has me back to the Tumi. Once the Incipio was fully charged on my wireless charger it would continually show notification that wireless charging was detected, It would show the two green circles, then go back to main screen, then show Detected Wireless charger again, over and over. Changed back to Tumi and that issue disappeared. Tumi does initially feel slightly slippery but once in my hand it feels grippy. I know that seems weird but that my impressions.

Grey_arc

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I've got the Moto Z with mods. The phone is so thin by itself that the mods don't feel like much bulk at all, especially when compared to putting a Mophie on an iPhone or S7 (Which I have owned both). I generally use the phone at home without mods, and then i'll snap on the Incipio battery mod before I got out because...you know....Pokemon Go and stuff :p ;)

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Are you guys using the battery mods with the Z or the Z Force? You don't find that it makes the phone too heavy?

Z Force - and I only use the battery mod when I need it, or think I'll need it. I'd never keep it on all the time. And, quite frankly, with the battery on the Z Force, I haven't had much use for the battery mod.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Z Force - and I only use the battery mod when I need it, or think I'll need it. I'd never keep it on all the time. And, quite frankly, with the battery on the Z Force, I haven't had much use for the battery mod.

Yeah, I'm in exactly the same boat.

Angus66

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I know this thread is a little old but I have a question for those that purchased either the Incipio or Tumi battery pack mod, as I see them advertised with almost no information confirming if they support wireless charging or not.

Which battery mod comes with wireless charging built into it? A part or model number off the mod (whether it has wireless charging or not) would be greatly appreciated!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I know this thread is a little old but I have a question for those that purchased either the Incipio or Tumi battery pack mod, as I see them advertised with almost no information confirming if they support wireless charging or not.

Which battery mod comes with wireless charging built into it? A part or model number off the mod (whether it has wireless charging or not) would be greatly appreciated!

IIRC, Best Buy stocks the wireless Incipio one only.

Ordering from Motorola, you'll see the wireless option below the non-wireless ones.

Verizon stocks the TUMI and kate spade ones. "Wireless Charging" will be in front of the name.