Wireless chargers

Eric Xu1

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I have the PowerPack with wireless charging. What wireless chargers do you recommend that work good, and charge fast? I have this LG one, but I have to fiddle around with it to find the perfect spot (kinda annoying). I was thinking of the TYLT Vu, but what are other options you have tried? Thanks.

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Any Qi charger will work. I'm not sure if those battery packs support the fast wireless charging that Samsung phones do, so it may be a waste of money to buy a more expensive charger with fast charging.

Do a search on Amazon for "Qi Charger" and you'll find plenty of chargers to choose from.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
it doesn't support "fast" wireless charging that I'm aware of. It's going to be slow compared to the included charger (or most decent wired chargers). Best to use to keep it topped off, or do an overnight charge.

Anyway, I'd go with a stand style charger, just because it helps line things up. I don't have the pack for the Z, but have used wireless charging on previous phones. Looks like (on Amazon) the Qi fast chargers are fairly cheap, so I'd probably lean toward one of those in case they later come out with a Qi fast charging mod, or you get another phone later that supports it. Check reviews before buying.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Thanks all. I guess I'll be going with the Tytl Vu.

That one doesn't work well with the Z. The wireless charging keeps starting and stopping which turns on the screen every time it happens.

I went with a wireless charger that has an adjustable coil. You can find them on Amazon. I'll link it tomorrow when I get on my PC.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Will I need an "adjustable coil" one to work, or does any 3-coil one work?

3 coil is likely to work, but it depends on where the coils sit vs the charging point on the Mod. Basically more coils = larger "sweet spot" on the charger, but alignment still matters.

Eric Xu1

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Thanks. I wanted to know what wireless charging stands you have that works well. The Tylt Vu is also a 3-coil, but some say it doesn't work that great.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I wanted to know what wireless charging stands you have that works well. The Tylt Vu is also a 3-coil, but some say it doesn't work that great.

I have a charging stand I've used and been happy with, but with other phones. So far I've held off on buying the battery mod for my Z Force, as the built-in battery has enough life to get me through the day easily. I'd like to have wireless charging, but not enough to pay for the battery mod & deal with the bulk. Hoping for a battery-less (or small battery) mod w/wireless charging eventually.

Since I can't specify that the stand I've used will line up well with the Z battery mod, I don't really want to link to it here and accidentally confuse someone, sorry.

Eric Xu1

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Interesting. Some users above reported issues with it. Still curious to know what kind of charger they have. I have this LG wireless charger, but I need to find an exact spot for it to charge.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1