Battery mod long term life

heath patrick

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It's said that it's not good for phone batteries to be run down low all the time. I have the Z and am using the battery mod so the phone drains to 80% then the mod kicks in and drains to 0 before the phone starts draining from 80%. So the mod is always being run down to 0. How much will that shorten the mods life? IMO Motorola needs to add another option to the mod settings.
1 keep phone battery at 100%
2 efficiency mode
3 mod drains to 20%(or whatever would be best) then phone battery stats draining

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
They probably didn't want to over complicate things with too many options. The third option might be nice, though. But mostly the mod protects the phone's internal battery, while the mod is more disposable. I would guess the mod will still last 1-2+ years before it has obvious battery degradation, at which point most people won't care, or you'll be able to get another battery mod on clearance since it's for an old model.

thefatalepic

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
You could simply have it keep the phone at 100% then remove the mod once the mod battery gets down to 15-20%

But then you're degrading your internal battery. From what I've read it isn't good to keep Li-ion batteries constantly at 100%. Apparently they live longer the more their charge stays between 20-80%

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary