Mods will prolong Z's lifespan?

wonderbread

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
With Moto's commitment to 4 mods per month and potential feature expanding mods like Tango support on the horizon, how long past the typical 2 year life span do you think you'll keep your Z due to the mods?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
With Moto's commitment to 4 mods per month and potential feature expanding mods like Tango support on the horizon, how long past the typical 2 year life span do you think you'll keep your Z due to the mods?
If anything, my next daily driver will probably be a phone compatible with the Moto Mods.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
It would give it additional utility as s secondary device as well.

wonderbread

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
They already said that the 2017 Moto Zs will be compatible.

They say anything about forward compatibility of current Zs with 2017 mods? I know it's going to be in the interest of mod developers to cater to as a wide an audience as they can but I wonder if Moto is enforcing forward/backward compatibility.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
They say anything about forward compatibility of current Zs with 2017 mods? I know it's going to be in the interest of mod developers to cater to as a wide an audience as they can but I wonder if Moto is enforcing forward/backward compatibility.

There shouldn't be a reason why new mods wouldn't work with the old phones.