What is the 'Project Screen' quick setting?

canonBoy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
What is this project screen quick setting button supposed to do? I noticed it after the Nougat update, but it doesn't do anything with the projector attached or detached. It doesn't even bring up any info screen or anything. I thought it would maybe blank the screen while the projector was on, you know, so if you were getting a clip ready for a presentation, you could blank the screen while you pull up the clip, then toggle the quick setting button to unblank the screen, and have it project the clip.

Attachments

• 18943.jpg
    18943.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 50

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
That's for projecting your screen to a widi (wifi direct) receiver. I use it all the time to send my phone screen to the tv via my FireTV. It's a direct mirror of the screen.

canonBoy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
That's for projecting your screen to a widi (wifi direct) receiver. I use it all the time to send my phone screen to the tv via my FireTV. It's a direct mirror of the screen.

I thought the Cast button did that. Isn't widi miracast protocol?

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I thought the Cast button did that. Isn't widi miracast protocol?

Cast (the chromecast button right?) is googles own thing, and has to be implimented on an app by app basis to work with the chrome cast.

I could be wrong on whether it uses widi or some other protocol, but it's a full mirror of the screen (my firetv supports multiple protocols to do this, so I guess it could differ depending on your phones hardware), and not just re-directing the apps output to the chromecast and freeing up your phone to do other things.

canonBoy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

I don't think you are correct. When I long press the Project Button, the Projector Moto Mod setting screen appears.

Are you using a Moto Z Force phone and successfully mirroring your screen to a tv without the phone being connected to the same LAN as the tv?

Attachments

• 18944.jpg
    18944.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 42

canonBoy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Moto support is claiming the 'project screen' button is supposed to act as the physical power button on the mod itself, toggling the projector on and off through the phone.

Mine isn't doing that. Can someone else try the 'project screen' button on their instashare projector/Moto z?

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
What is this project screen quick setting button supposed to do? I noticed it after the Nougat update, but it doesn't do anything with the projector attached or detached. It doesn't even bring up any info screen or anything. I thought it would maybe blank the screen while the projector was on, you know, so if you were getting a clip ready for a presentation, you could blank the screen while you pull up the clip, then toggle the quick setting button to unblank the screen, and have it project the clip.

what app did you use to draw on the screenshot?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad