Moto Style Shell with Wireless Charging

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
https://www.engadget.com/2017/02/26/the-next-wave-of-moto-mods-turn-your-phone-into-gamepad/

]

naympJ7.jpg

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I assume they haven't talked price yet? Available designs & price are my main questions. Also, it would be cool if it offered the fast wireless charging more recently offered by Samsung, etc.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...e-shell-with-wireless-charging&token=1gfSvpBD

fast, wireless charging to suit your style
It’s the stylish, lightweight smartphone back with benefits. Simply snap on the Moto Style Shell to wirelessly charge your phone’s battery at 10W speed on a charging pad.* Available July 2017

specifications
  • fast, 10W wireless charging*
  • Snap on a shell and charge your phone quickly using a wireless charging pad (not included). No cables. No clutter.

expressive designs
  • Match your shell to your style with a variety of designs to choose from, including Ebony Burl Wood, Grey Herringbone Nylon, Cateye Wood, and Floral Print.

wireless charging
  • Requires compatible wireless charging pad, sold separately. Works on Qi and PMA wireless charging pads.* Dual mode Qi 1.2.3 (10W), PMA 3.0 (5W)

dimensions
  • 153.4 x 73.3 x 3.25 mm

weight
  • 49.2 g

built-in battery
  • No

plays well with others
  • Moto Style Shell with wireless charging is compatible with any phone in the Moto Z Family.

Hobson123

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
Yes yes yes! These things look so good and wireless charging is a great feature to add to any phone wonder what they will cost

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Need more color/pattern options IMO. Hate to give up my red nylon back for this. Also feels a bit pricey for only wireless charging. Would be interested to see a good thickness view.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Need more color/pattern options IMO. Hate to give up my red nylon back for this. Also feels a bit pricey for only wireless charging. Would be interested to see a good thickness view.

I'll probably get a couple of these. It looks a bit thicker - probably similar to the Incipio back plates.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Looks like the first of these are for sale now - the Moto site lists the flowery one and the black nylon. I'll be interested to hear some reviews before I pull the trigger.