Need more bumper options

markabele

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
As of this point (of what you can actually buy) there are only 2 bumpers available. An ok one and a little better one that is way overpriced.

So my question is, wouldn't these be about 2 or 3 cents to make in China? And wouldn't most people want a bumper on their Moto Z/Force/Play so they can still get mods on and off easily?

On a slightly related note...it's hilarious to see so many thick cases on Amazon with the magnetic port cut out, as if the mods would still be able to be attached. Clearly a lot of these manufacturers know next to nothing about the product.

Lastly, if Incipio made a good case that went over there battery mod, I would buy one.

Maybe there is a market for some sort of stretchy case that can fit on multiple mods.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, seems like at some point some of these cheap case vendors that sell on Amazon would pick up on the special appeal of bumpers for these phones & offer some more. Not sure how to do the stretchy case, unless you do a rubber bumper + spandex back section. Might work well, if you can keep it secure to the bumper.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
If the Verizon bumper is $10-15, then is it twice as good? Probably not.

Secondly, I rarely buy a regular case for more than $15, let alone a simple bumper.

Motorola is on pace to sell 3 million Moto Zs in the first year of availability. There's three variants, one of which is only available from a single carrier.

Sure, maybe 2 or 3 cents for someone to make one. But there probably isn't enough of a market for it to be worth it.

markabele

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Motorola is on pace to sell 3 million Moto Zs in the first year of availability. There's three variants, one of which is only available from a single carrier.

Sure, maybe 2 or 3 cents for someone to make one. But there probably isn't enough of a market for it to be worth it.

I tend to agree with you about the market size compared to other smartphones out their (ie. Samsungs and iPhones). What's weird though is they are still making all these specific Z cases that have those nonfunctional cutouts for the magnetic connection. Quite a few variety of those out there on Amazon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty