What's the one thing that Moto could add to make you buy a Moto X2?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
If Moto (Lenovo) were to add one thing to the next generation Moto X that will make you buy the device what would it be? Is it battery size? Processing power? Qi wireless charging compatibility?

Does it really matter what the device has as long as it further refines everything the Moto X currently does? The Moto X is a darn good phone and is definitely something to consider if you are currently in the market for a replacement device. I know a lot of people might want the "latest and greatest" and the highest spec'd phone possible - the perfect balance of hardware and software refinements is what made the device such a success in the first place.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
2800 mAh battery while only increasing the thickness (keep it curved) of the device.

CPU/GPU/file system/RAM - my phone is not lagging.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I swear there is a thread right next to this one with the same question.

For me it's qi charging for the hardware. But maybe it's just the software side that matters, I want more features and ways to use Touchless Control and Active Display. Seems like they can improve it for the current Moto X with software updates.

blacksapphire08

May 2, 2010
Visit site
A significantly better camera is really all i want. My old phone (HTC Amaze) took way better pics despite being 2 yrs older. Asking for SD card support is probably pointless but that would be nice too. Removable battery? FM radio and some more weather sensors.

Posted via Android Central App

oldDummy

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I swear there is a thread right next to this one with the same question.

For me it's qi charging for the hardware. But maybe it's just the software side that matters, I want more features and ways to use Touchless Control and Active Display. Seems like they can improve it for the current Moto X with software updates.

Agreed. Don't know much about it, OIS for camera +pixels. work to make it the best available.
Qi wireless is big. Of course the width, depth size is perfect. Keep about the same "hand"print.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There is no one thing that would make me upgrade from my X to an X[SUP]2[/SUP]. They would need several hardware changes (Qi and a better camera) as well as moer useful software features that were X[SUP]2[/SUP] exclusive. However, they shouldn't make the software features X[SUP]2[/SUP] only just to sell phones, they should only keep the ones that the X cannot run well X[SUP]2[/SUP] exclusive.

oldDummy

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Regarding Camera:

Outdoors the camera is fine, in fact better than fine: Great! :cool:
Low light captures are challenged.
Ha, OIS would help with some of my blurry shots.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am sorry to tell, but Motorola as a company is dead. Their facilities will be run by Lenovo and Motorola will just be a US brand. Nothing more.

Lenovo has only aquired one American company before, IBMs PC division. They did fantastic with it. Yes, they killed the IBM brand on the machines, but they brought the IBM expertise to their line of computers and kept the ThinkPad brand and spirit. Even 9 years later, ThinkPads are still one of the most populare business laptop lines and Lenovo has become the number 1 PC manufacturer in the world. I truly trust that they will do good by Motorola. Lenovo has shown that they purchase companies that are doing good in an area that Lenovo is weak in and embrace that company's expertise.

richard_rsp

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I also am looking for a much better camera and pro features. I returned my Moto X back in November almost exclusively because of the camera. That said, the Moto X has been the only Android device that I have actually liked (HTC One was close). If the X2 integrates a better camera (not necessarily more MP) with the ability to change iso, manual focus, and shutter time, I would likely be moving back to Motorola.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
If Moto (Lenovo) were to add one thing to the next generation Moto X that will make you buy the device what would it be? Is it battery size? Processing power? Qi wireless charging compatibility?

Does it really matter what the device has as long as it further refines everything the Moto X currently does? The Moto X is a darn good phone and is definitely something to consider if you are currently in the market for a replacement device. I know a lot of people might want the "latest and greatest" and the highest spec'd phone possible - the perfect balance of hardware and software refinements is what made the device such a success in the first place.

I'm pretty satisfied with the phone, and I don't think there is any one thing that would prompt me to upgrade it. But if they made a very similar phone, with the same size and capabilties, but it ALSO had a larger battery and wireless charging, I probably would upgrade.

msnider23

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
My problem with this phone was and continues to be the subpar camera. Low light performance is a joke, lens flares aplenty and color reproduction is off quite a bit.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty satisfied with the phone, and I don't think there is any one thing that would prompt me to upgrade it. But if they made a very similar phone, with the same size and capabilties, but it ALSO had a larger battery and wireless charging, I probably would upgrade.
Those would be some nice add-ons to the already good device. I don't have the Moto X, but did consider it before purchasing a Nexus 5.

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
1. Better camera.
2. Wireless charging.
3. A bit more PPI.
4. 5" screen (as a separate model to satisfy both camps).

If at least 2 (the first 2) are not met, I will move on to Nexus 5 or 6.

spawndoodling

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Camera, camera, camera! If Moto wants the X2 to knock Samsung and HTC out of the water, they've got to make a game-changing camera. OIS is a must and while the X2 doesn't necessarily need 20mp, it does need a MP bump.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781