Moto X+1

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Ugh O. We have moto's naming experts at it again. Look out for the Moto x+1 Maxx hd rad ultra edition 4glte droid with customization

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
The next Moto X

Just out of curiosity I thought I would inquire about what everyone would like to see from the next Moto X.

I personally would like the display to be increased to 5 inches (720p resolution would be fine with me), I would like them to use the snapdragon 801 as a base for a variant of their custom "mobile computing system, and an improved 13 mp camera. As far as the software goes I want moto to stick with vanilla Android. Their apps can obviously be updated through the play store, but the only thing I would like to see there is the ability to add the date to active display.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

yscty

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: The next Moto X

Not a fan of big phones but a tad a bigger would be good.
No need for greater megapixels, just a better camera.
While I get through an entire day for the most part with the battery, but if I'm using GPS it eats up pretty quick so a bigger battery would work.

But I do love the moto x the way it is but since the topic was brought up I thought I'd slap my thoughts up.

rxnelson

May 29, 2012
Visit site
The next Moto X

I personally would like the display to be increased to 5 inches (720p resolution would be fine with me), I would like them to use the snapdragon 801 as a base for a variant of their custom "mobile computing system, and an improved 13 mp camera. As far as the software goes I want moto to stick with vanilla Android. Their apps can obviously be updated through the play store, but the only thing I would like to see there is the ability to add the date to active display.

Get a nexus 5 and throw the dynamicnotifications app on it?

I agree with the above poster. The size is one of the features. Supposedly they did studies to optimize in hand feel.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7235/moto-x-review

.....The long story is that the Moto X design allegedly reflects Google?s data-driven approach to just about everything. Google?s guidance to Motorola on the Moto X was something along the lines of - go get a statistical sampling for device size and shape, do a user study and gather feedback, and then build the phone that optimizes for positive feedback....

After going back and forth between the iPhone and Moto x the 5 inch nexus feels a little clumsy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site

Not a fan of big phones but a tad a bigger would be good.
No need for greater megapixels, just a better camera.
While I get through an entire day for the most part with the battery, but if I'm using GPS it eats up pretty quick so a bigger battery would work.

But I do love the moto x the way it is but since the topic was brought up I thought I'd slap my thoughts up.

NOOOO! The best thing about the Moto X is its handy size. No bigger please.

I agree with both of those statements. I love the Moto X the way out is too, and the small size is great. I even found that coming from my sgs4 I prefer the smaller feel of the phone. However, Motorola was able to make the Moto X the smallest 4.7 inch phone, and maybe 4.9 inches can make for a phone that's not much bigger.

Sent from my LG-V510 using AC Forums mobile app

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

I'm totally satisfied with the screen, though a little darker option would be nice and much brighter in direct sunlight would be, too. The form factor, IMHO, is perfect. I still love the design and feel of the phone. The software additions to stock Android are very value-added to me. The battery is very good but everyone always wants even more, right? But to me, the camera is....adequate. It doesn't suck, but it would be nice to have at least that one thing that is a knock-out "gotta have" feature to the phone.

So there really isn't much I would change. Just an improved camera.

bobster922

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site

Agreed that Qi charging option would be nice. While I'm loving my moto x I'm also a sucker for big screens lol.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

jbarborka

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

While the X is by far the best device I've ever used, I think they could make a few tweaks. I'd like a slightly larger display to compensate for the on screen buttons, and they could probably fit a 5" screen into a form factor not much larger than the current X. And of course a better camera is a must. But what I'm really crossing my fingers for is a T-Mobile variant with Wi-Fi Calling. I have to use a cel-fi booster in my office to get a signal, but it would be nice to not have to do that.

Sent from my XT1053 using AC Forums mobile app

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site

Spec bumps and a better camera is all I could really ask for. Size and feel are perfect. Wireless charging would be nice, too... maybe as an option for certain custom backs as I could see it requiring a little more space.

appmy

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site

I'm happy with screen size, but a little more would be fine.

The biggest thing would be a kick *** camera. Something that would raise the bar on phone cameras.

Posted via Android Central App

sixty_four

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site

Just out of curiosity I thought I would inquire about what everyone would like to see from the next Moto X.

Size and battery life were two factors that attracted me to the Moto X and what sets it apart from other flagship phones, IMO. I don't think a larger screen or throwing the newest, fastest hardware at the phone works towards those design goals.

I'd rather see continued evolution and refinement of the phone as a tightly integrated system of appropriate hardware and well-engineered software. In other words, stick to the idea that user experience trumps a laundry list of specs every day of the week.

The only specific improvement that I would like to see would be better low-light camera performance.

Unspecified additions ("unspecified" because I'm not a design or engineering genius) would be any new and *useful* features that the Motorola team can add to mix. Moto Assist, Moto Connect, Active Notifications and the always-listening Touchless Control are brilliant and work as advertised. Features that are elegant and simple in contrast to other manufacturers that sport more flashy and gimmicky features that are usually not as handy for everyday use.

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site

Size and battery life were two factors that attracted me to the Moto X and what sets it apart from other flagship phones, IMO. I don't think a larger screen or throwing the newest, fastest hardware at the phone works towards those design goals.

I'd rather see continued evolution and refinement of the phone as a tightly integrated system of appropriate hardware and well-engineered software. In other words, stick to the idea that user experience trumps a laundry list of specs every day of the week.

The only specific improvement that I would like to see would be better low-light camera performance.

Unspecified additions ("unspecified" because I'm not a design or engineering genius) would be any new and *useful* features that the Motorola team can add to mix. Moto Assist, Moto Connect, Active Notifications and the always-listening Touchless Control are brilliant and work as advertised. Features that are elegant and simple in contrast to other manufacturers that sport more flashy and gimmicky features that are usually not as handy for everyday use.

I expect it will have an updated X8 processor based off of last year's processors, probably a version of the snapdragon 800 and a newer graphics processor. Maybe called the X10 if it get's the 2 extra cores. This is assuming they can integrate it all like they did before and maintain low power consumption, which I think they should be able to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs