Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ry
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Should I grab the X now or hold out for the X+1?

    The Moto X looks like a belter of a phone. I have a G, absolutely love it, but I broke it due to me being an *****. I have a bit of cash spare and want to splash on mid-high end phone. The X looks class; I love the software optimisations, the ergonomic shape and size, the battery life seems good and build quality looks solid. Camera isn't amazing but I really don't care about since I don't take a lot of pictures anyway.

    But is it worth holding out for the X+1 do you think? I don't like these rumours of a 5.2" phone. And do you think it's possible they'll offer more software features with the new version, or just try and refine the phone and give the specs a bump?

    I'm from the UK and can snag the X for 285 on Amazon which seems like a great deal. Was wondering if any of you guys could provide any insight?
  2. #2  
    robk84's Avatar

    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

    Default Re: Should I grab the X now or hold out for the X+1?

    The x will only get more inexpensive once the x+1 is released. If you do not need a phone and can wait a few more weeks I would say hold off.
  3. #3  
    Clocks's Avatar

    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts

    Default Re: Should I grab the X now or hold out for the X+1?

    I would hold off or at least only buy a used device on swappa so you can resell it with minimal loss.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Should I grab the X now or hold out for the X+1?

    I'm holding off to see what the X+1 is all about. As tempted as I may be to get one right away, I may wait until Black Friday.
  5. #5  
    machzk's Avatar

    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts

    Default Re: Should I grab the X now or hold out for the X+1?

    The X + 1 is slated for end of summer, so that's about three months. If you absolutely need a phone get the X when it is on some kinda sale. If you need a phone, wait. IMHO

    Sent from my Moto X...
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Should I grab the X now or hold out for the X+1?

    Cheers for the responses guys. I'm gonna just monitor eBay and see if there are any really good deals that I can't pass up, otherwise i'll wait for the X+1.

    With regards to touchless controls: can you calibrate the phone to recognise your voice after it's been configured to someone else's? Cos most of the phones i'm looking at are used...
  7. #7  
    machzk's Avatar

    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts

    Default Re: Should I grab the X now or hold out for the X+1?

    Yes you can...

    Sent from my Moto X...
    Thanked by:
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Should I grab the X now or hold out for the X+1?

    Check SWAPPA. Just bought a mint moto x for $200.

    Posted via Android Central App
  9. #9  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,828 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,835 Global Posts

    Default Re: Should I grab the X now or hold out for the X+1?

    I've seen sub $250 prices for used Moto Xs. If you need a phone now, the Moto X is still awesome.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    A895 likes this.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Should I grab the X now or hold out for the X+1?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scratchyjam View Post
    Cheers for the responses guys. I'm gonna just monitor eBay and see if there are any really good deals that I can't pass up, otherwise i'll wait for the X+1.

    With regards to touchless controls: can you calibrate the phone to recognise your voice after it's been configured to someone else's? Cos most of the phones i'm looking at are used...
    You're going to want to factory reset the phone anyway, I would think. That should reset the voice training.
    Tablets: 2nd gen Nexus 7 32gb, 1st gen Nexus 7 16gb
    Phone: Droid MAXX
    Retired: OG Droid, Droid RAZR (RIP), Galaxy Nexus (backup phone)
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Should I grab the X now or hold out for the X+1?

    I was really hot for the Moto G LTE version. But the nerd in me has spoken and because of "ok google" and AMOLED active display I think I will go with a Moto X

    Though being so lose to the relese of the Moto X+1 i find myself in the same position as you do.

    Sense I was going to get the Moto G and know that I would be happy for many years I don't see why I should wait for the X+1. I mean, if I am happy with a moto G for many years than I should be extremely happy with a Moto X. Even if the X+1 has a better processor I won't really need it.

    I have no need for a good camera, so the Moto X bad camera is of no concern to me.

    I personally felt that my HTC One X with a 4'7" screen was to big, the G's 4'5 would probably be much better for me sense I tend to use my phone with one hand a lot. So to expect a 5'2" screen on the X+1 is a big disappointment for me. Comparing Moto X with the LG G2 that has a 5'2" screen and also thin bezels, makes it clear that 5'2" is way to big for me, I would not be happy with such a large phone, no matter how good the rest of the phone is.

    I am a little bit afraid that the price will be much higher.
    Also a bit afraid that Motorola will move away from using almost stock android now that it is no longer a google company.

    I always used to wait for the next great if it was close to a new model. But I seriously don't feel the need for that any more sense I know I will be happy with less, even more happy because of the smaller screen. Besides, if I was not such a nerd I would go for the Moto G and still be happy as f**k.
  12. #12  
    cgardnervt's Avatar

    Posts
    2,884 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

    Default Re: Should I grab the X now or hold out for the X+1?

    Hold off! Even if the first Moto X is better for you if you can. The X will still be cheaper when the new one comes out I bet!
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    My Blog: C2JBlog.com
    Thanked by:
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Should I grab the X now or hold out for the X+1?

    Yeah, true, but do you think there will be any X'es left by the time X-1 gets out? because I really don't think I want the X-1, if it does not have stock android, amazing price and battery, that is! :P

    But I will hold of to get the phone until Moto Maker in Uk is available anyway.
  14. #14  

    Default

    I am getting the X when the X+1 comes out, not only because it will be cheaper but, because the original will be smaller by all accounts.

    Posted via Android Central App

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-10-2014, 02:45 AM
  2. iCloud hack hold's iDevices hostage
    By JeffDenver in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-01-2014, 02:12 AM
  3. Is there a way to root without installing a superuser program in the process?
    By monikerpseudonym in forum Nexus 4 Rooting, ROMs, & Hacks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-31-2014, 05:31 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-31-2014, 01:50 PM

Posting Permissions