Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By elian
  • 2 Post By Golfdriver97
  • 1 Post By Ry
  • 1 Post By ultravisitor
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Default evleaks: don't expect X+1 before end of September

evleaks doesn't expect a release of the X+1 until the last days of September: PSA: I would not expect a Moto X+1 release until the literal end of summer -- the last days of September. - Evleaks.
    That's still quite some time; I would've hoped for a release a bit sooner. I don't have an X, but am waiting to see what the X+1 will be to judge whether I'll wait for that or buy an X. Hopefully the announcement will be a few months before, so I can soon judge whether I'd prefer the X+1.
    Thanked by:
    Brady KEITH likes this.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Default Re: evleaks: don't expect X+1 before end of September

Quote Originally Posted by elian View Post
    evleaks doesn't expect a release of the X+1 until the last days of September: PSA: I would not expect a Moto X+1 release until the literal end of summer -- the last days of September. - Evleaks.
    That's still quite some time; I would've hoped for a release a bit sooner. I don't have an X, but am waiting to see what the X+1 will be to judge whether I'll wait for that or buy an X. Hopefully the announcement will be a few months before, so I can soon judge whether I'd prefer the X+1.
    I'm waiting for the Moto X+1 to see what it has to offer...With this I might jump to another device but we will see how much longer I plan to keep my M7. Love it but I'm wanting a new device soon! :P Very soon I think....Oh well I might hold off! Lets hope it's incorrect.
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    My Blog: C2JBlog.com
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,011 Global Posts

Makes sense.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Global Posts
    206 Global Posts

Default New X might not come till end of September

Evleaks posted not to expect the new X until the end of September.. As in the last day. Very disappointing for a number of reasons. Launching right after the new iPhone will kill their sales opportunity and a lot of people might not wait for it, myself included. I know its just a month or so after the original launched but with the s5, m8 and now the G3 launching.. It's going to be hard. Hopefully I'll be able to hold off or it comes earlier.

Posted via Android Central App - Moto X
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails evleaks: don't expect X+1 before end of September-36880.jpg  

Global Posts
    18,563 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: New X might not come till end of September

Last year, the Moto X was launched late August. The 23rd as I recall. To avoid any other flagship smartphone is difficult. The Spring is when most phones launch, the Fall is the iPhone, and hybrid devices like the Note series (I think Back to school has something to do with that too). Winter is hard because of post Christmas and upcoming Tax seasons, not many people have a disposable income.

Overall, I think no matter what, the Moto has hard competition whenever it launches. I am really rooting for the new X. I think it is a much more solid device than most people gave it credit for.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:
    yscty 
    TechTinker and shaytoon21 like this.

I wonder if this will cause the Droids from Verizon to get pushed to September also.

Posted via Android Central App

ROM
    Stock

I am completely satisfied with my Moto X. I am off contract and can buy a new phone whenever I want. But I just don't want to. I do understand that the timing may not be the best based on other phones release dates. Based on a yearly release cycle though, this is where it falls. Maybe they are going for the holiday shopping season? Maybe it will be so good they are hoping to steal sales from the iPhone? Maybe with the sale to Lenovo this time frame ties in with some other things they're doing too?

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10 using the totally awesome Android Central App
    Tim
    Droid 4
    Nexus 10
    Lapdock 500 Pro

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

I can hold out, I got my x when maker became available for Verizon. I will be jumping ship to T-Mobile though as soon as a phone I want is available, I banking on that phone being the x+1.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

I do think that iPhone moving up to 4.7 gives Android makers a chance to win over the apple faithful. I expect the X+1 will be the same physical size as the iPhone 6, but with a larger screen. And with the larger size than the X it should have a larger battery, combined with the better efficiency of the new chipset it should have great battery life.

Global Posts
    561 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robk84 View Post
    I can hold out, I got my x when maker became available for Verizon. I will be jumping ship to T-Mobile though as soon as a phone I want is available, I banking on that phone being the x+1.
    Just jump now. It'll work fine on T-Mobile. I'm half tempted to move over to Straight Talk.

Global Posts
    351 Global Posts

I'd like a new phone sooner as well, but nothing else out there now even slightly piques my interest (except my wife's note 3 which is a powerhouse). I'll hang out until september.

I have had my Moto X for a couple months and I have no desire for any of the flagship phones that have been released this year. The only phone I would want to replace my X with is the X+1. Luckily I am off contract, and I can buy a new phone any time I want.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,011 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by benhaube View Post
    Luckily I am off contract, and I can buy a new phone any time I want.
    Anyone can buy a phone anytime they want.

Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Thanked by:
    ChuckG73 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Anyone can buy a phone anytime they want.

This is true. However, I was referring to those 0 down, pay-per-month plans for phones that Verizon and ATT recently came up with. Sorry for not being more clear.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

On those plans, particularly Verizon edge, it is especially easy to upgrade to a new phone. It is traditional subsidized contract plans where upgrading is difficult.

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KWKSLVR View Post
    Just jump now. It'll work fine on T-Mobile. I'm half tempted to move over to Straight Talk.

Does it really? LTE and all? Will Tmobile pay for eft if you aren't buying a device?

Global Posts
    469 Global Posts

Can't even consider the Moto "anything" until they do something about their Camera module. I have a LG G2 with the 13 MP with OIS and have been spoiled rotten with its quality. I have been an amateur photo enthusiast since college (40 years ago) and having a decent camera with me ALL THE TIME allows me to indulge that urge because my phone is always with me. Love the fact that I get instant feedback on the shot and have them automatically backed up as soon as I am on WiFi. I have not jumped back into the digital DLSR or Micro 4/3s because they are too big and expensive and its truly just a casual hobby. I do have two decent point and shoots (Olympus Stylus and Panasonic Lumix SZ1 - very nice little camera) and am always looking for sales to "upgrade" my collection (usually looking at the $100 range).

Global Posts
    581 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock for now.

No desire to upgrade here either. I love the size. The battery life is above average for me. I can see the camera being frustrating for photography hobbyists but it's good enough for my needs.

This year I bought 3 Moto X, 2 Moto G and one Moto G LTE. I hope it doesn't come out too soon.

I've been won over by Motorola with the X. I just love the features. The always improving updates and the boot up screen constantly changing based on world events or seasons makes me feel like I always have the most current phone without having to worry about the most powerful specs. I will be getting the x2, I'm just not in a hurry for the new model partly because I'm still so satisfied with the X but also because I'm busy with summer activities with the kids and such. I think, Btw, the iPhone will be launched around the same time. If you think about it, it will be one of only maybe 3 new devices in this time frame like someone said. Let's hope that marketing this time around is better and they get the word out on the X line. Because let's be honest, the more people that try it, the more they will recommend it imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    I think it is a much more solid device than most people gave it credit for.
    #nailedit

this is the best android phone, heck, smartphone, i have ever had. this phone shouldve turned into androids flagship phone. shame on googlerola for not pushing it harder. now that theyre under lenovo, lets hope they dont tarnish the x's rep

Global Posts
    6,685 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by shaytoon21 View Post
    #nailedit

this is the best android phone, heck, smartphone, i have ever had. this phone shouldve turned into androids flagship phone. shame on googlerola for not pushing it harder. now that theyre under lenovo, lets hope they dont tarnish the x's rep
    They're still owned by Google.

XTNiT-1060 through spacetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    I am really rooting for the new X. I think it is a much more solid device than most people gave it credit for.
    But people need MOAR CORES!!!!!!!!!!11!!11!! so that they can post benchmarks for how fast their phone is despite the fact that many of them don't use their phones for much more than commenting on blogs and sharing selfies on social media.
    A895 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    But people need MOAR CORES!!!!!!!!!!11!!11!! so that they can post benchmarks for how fast their phone is despite the fact that many of them don't use their phones for much more than commenting on blogs and sharing selfies on social media.
    Yes, but with more cores they can do it faster.

Quote Originally Posted by npaladin-2000 View Post
    Yes, but with more cores they can do it faster.
    Yeah..