Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: Motorola X Phone

Source protection

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

Well, at least we know what he said was probably true then...
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,745 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Also, a bunch of those policies are dictated by Verizon and the old moto management. If the X is on all carriers I expect that you would see it unlocked on most and locked on vzw, much like the sgs3

IMO the bloatware is the only thing directly mandated by any given carrier. Locked bootloaders too, but that's not relevant for the regular consumer.

The "skinning" and OEM customizations to the user interface are not directly any carrier's fault. The OEMs want to differentiate from each other.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP PUB / Franco Kernel

Source protection

Google Android Affectionado

Also, a bunch of those policies are dictated by Verizon and the old moto management. If the X is on all carriers I expect that you would see it unlocked on most and locked on vzw, much like the sgs3

True, but Samsung phones still seem to be able to be cracked whereas Moto phones can't. I'm not leaving Verizon so if it comes down to it I'll just have to get something from Samsung.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    IMO the bloatware is the only thing directly mandated by any given carrier. Locked bootloaders too, but that's not relevant for the regular consumer.

The "skinning" and OEM customizations to the user interface are not directly any carrier's fault. The OEMs want to differentiate from each other.

I really was only talking about the locked bootloaders. I know skinning for the most part is the oem. Now carriers, Verizon, seem recently to like to mess with the skin which bugs me a bit.

Don't we all. However, I don't see that happening until second half 2013 (coming to market, anyways). But it is definitely in the pipeline. I can't find it, but I read a story this morning while at work about the new Atoms besting ARMs on both power and performance.

I'm getting a Razr Maxx HD for christmas, but if this phone is everything it's hyped to be, I know I'll be using a family upgrade when it comes out! GAH

Global Posts
    1,259 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by AMTrombley0924 View Post
    I'm getting a Razr Maxx HD for christmas, but if this phone is everything it's hyped to be, I know I'll be using a family upgrade when it comes out! GAH
    You will love the Maxx HD......My contract is finally up next October with VZW, so I do not care which carrier gets the X, it as of now will be next phone
    Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!

Exclamation Re: Motorola X Phone

Quote Originally Posted by Dr0me View Post
    I got front paged
    Really ? Seriously ? For what ?

You've removed all of your posts.

Another forum troll ?

I dunno.........

Hebrews 13:8

I've never given Motorola a chance because they've never given me a better experience than any other phone available. I would if the X phone turned out to be a true beast. The camera has been a major drawback.

My want list for the X phone: 4.7 inch true hd, ips+ lcd display; quad core processor with true multitasking ; 13 meg premium cam (bsi , hdr , 1080p recording, etc) ; tegra 4; sd card slot; minimum 2500 mAh battery ;miracast ; hdmi out; physical camera button. (that wakes camera) ; non slip materials ; flexible screen; bt ;4G lte (do we really have to mention the obvious) ; rounded edges, curved glass ;jelly bean or klp; did I miss anything? Oh yeah, call it the Motorola Beast.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP PUB / Franco Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Really ? Seriously ? For what ?

You've removed all of your posts.

Another forum troll ?

I dunno.........

I already indicated why I did it. After thinking about it, having front page traffic directed to my post was not what I wanted. Trying to protect my source.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Google Android Affectionado

Quote Originally Posted by Dr0me View Post
    I already indicated why I did it. After thinking about it, having front page traffic directed to my post was not what I wanted. Trying to protect my source.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    I understand and respect your decision. I'd there any way I could see what you originally posted? Perhaps you could PM me the details? I wouldn't share them, of course!

Global Posts
    864 Global Posts

This is the Nexus I was looking for. Hope it comes to Verizon, hope its a Nexus.

Please for the love of everything humane....the phone doesnt be 5" or 6"....lol. Sorry I just dont want a phone bigger than the Maxx HD or GS3. GS3 might be the absolute max size I want in a phone.
    Premium1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    This is the Nexus I was looking for. Hope it comes to Verizon, hope its a Nexus.

Please for the love of everything humane....the phone doesnt be 5" or 6"....lol. Sorry I just dont want a phone bigger than the Maxx HD or GS3. GS3 might be the absolute max size I want in a phone.
    I'm 95% sure that this phone isn't a nexus. The leak very clearly stated that there was something running on top of stock Android. I believe this is much more likely to be Motorola's new headlining brand of phones, much like the Galaxy line is Samsung's.

Not being a Nexus device doesn't stop them from being introduced to the AOSP
    Premium1 likes this.

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...598368942.html

Looks like they are making one for Verizon. I read another article and they said they are having problems with it but I can't find the article.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ROM
    Viper

Quote Originally Posted by Hbomber110 View Post
    Not being a Nexus device doesn't stop them from being introduced to the AOSP
    Yes but for that to be true, all those features would have to be baked into stock Android. It could happen, but aosp is not know for being to most feature rich flavor around...

It would be nice for moto to actually do something interesting for a change. When the only notable thing you have done in 2 years is put a fat non removable battery in a phone, you have to question their ability. Everything they have done recently is on par or less than everyone else. Never better in any way.

I for one am surprised that Google is using moto at all. Maybe messing with the management even. I figured that they would leave them alone as long as they did nothing stupid. It would avoid pissing off other partners and compliance issues with business biding. I guess not though...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Moto X 2014(stock for the time being) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Galaxy S3(30ft fall...)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez)
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Not necessarily. They could make the added extras (for example smart action) part of the UI overlay. Wouldn't cause any issues at all with the aosp base.

But yeah, aosp is bland.

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post

Motorola has stated that they would prefer stock android, but verizon prefers it. I'd have to look for the article-google it if you want. Was also talked about in the podcast i believe.

Yeah, carriers dictate that the phones have skins. Otherwise you got a bunch of phones that do the exact same thing. Hard for the average person to differentiate between the numerous phones.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post
    When the only notable thing you have done in 2 years is put a fat non removable battery in a phone, you have to question their ability. Everything they have done recently is on par or less than everyone else. Never better in any way.
    They are short on specs and features but they make the best PHONES followed by Nokia and RiM. They make solid phones with powerfull and realible radios, call quality and speaker volumes are never left out. Ever heard about security issues with motorolas ?

Now Samsung...

My Galaxy Nexus is a great 4.7" tablet... Not a great phone a all.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

They do nothing different that HTC except for make things difficult to rom

Ry

Global Posts
    8,745 Global Posts

I believe the focus of that article was about the DROID RAZR M.

Yet the Intel-powered, non-Verizon branded RAZR i has the same exact MotoBlur.

And Sense as a UI is older than Android.

Yes, the carriers probably don't want every Android phone looking the same. But the OEMs probably don't want their phones feeling the same as their competitors either.

Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

ROM
    Gingerbread

Motorola makes great phones... There aren't any water proof phones like the RAZRs. The build quality is excellent and their UI does a pretty good job.. I like the slightly modified version on the. RAZR m better though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast