Motorola X Phone

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Not being a Nexus device doesn't stop them from being introduced to the AOSP

Yes but for that to be true, all those features would have to be baked into stock Android. It could happen, but aosp is not know for being to most feature rich flavor around...

It would be nice for moto to actually do something interesting for a change. When the only notable thing you have done in 2 years is put a fat non removable battery in a phone, you have to question their ability. Everything they have done recently is on par or less than everyone else. Never better in any way.

I for one am surprised that Google is using moto at all. Maybe messing with the management even. I figured that they would leave them alone as long as they did nothing stupid. It would avoid pissing off other partners and compliance issues with business biding. I guess not though...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Not necessarily. They could make the added extras (for example smart action) part of the UI overlay. Wouldn't cause any issues at all with the aosp base.

But yeah, aosp is bland.

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

cdmta

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
IMO the bloatware is the only thing directly mandated by any given carrier. Locked bootloaders too, but that's not relevant for the regular consumer.

The "skinning" and OEM customizations to the user interface are not directly any carrier's fault. The OEMs want to differentiate from each other.
Motorola has stated that they would prefer stock android, but verizon prefers it. I'd have to look for the article-google it if you want. Was also talked about in the podcast i believe.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, carriers dictate that the phones have skins. Otherwise you got a bunch of phones that do the exact same thing. Hard for the average person to differentiate between the numerous phones.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Hbomber110

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
When the only notable thing you have done in 2 years is put a fat non removable battery in a phone, you have to question their ability. Everything they have done recently is on par or less than everyone else. Never better in any way.

They are short on specs and features but they make the best PHONES followed by Nokia and RiM. They make solid phones with powerfull and realible radios, call quality and speaker volumes are never left out. Ever heard about security issues with motorolas ?

Now Samsung...

My Galaxy Nexus is a great 4.7" tablet... Not a great phone a all.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I believe the focus of that article was about the DROID RAZR M.

Yet the Intel-powered, non-Verizon branded RAZR i has the same exact MotoBlur.

And Sense as a UI is older than Android.

Yes, the carriers probably don't want every Android phone looking the same. But the OEMs probably don't want their phones feeling the same as their competitors either.

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Motorola makes great phones... There aren't any water proof phones like the RAZRs. The build quality is excellent and their UI does a pretty good job.. I like the slightly modified version on the. RAZR m better though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

rootedVette

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Motorola makes great phones... There aren't any water proof phones like the RAZRs. The build quality is excellent and their UI does a pretty good job.. I like the slightly modified version on the. RAZR m better though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Agreed. I think to really be successful, Motorola needs to create a line of phones that are on multiple carriers, and carrier independent, like Samsung's Galaxy; something instantly recognizable as quality and associated with being top of the line(which may be getting into advertising). Also, better cameras.

Sent from my Nexus 4

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry to disappoint you but OMAP has stopped making mobile processors. They made this announcement this past fall. Hopefully, it is Qualcomm's latest.

They are still releasing the OMAP 5 though. Then they are exiting the market

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

andrew53517

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
They are still releasing the OMAP 5 though. Then they are exiting the market

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I remember them saying that after I posted that. My bad. I'd rather have Qualcomm's latest or Tegra 4...Something tells me I can see Moto using the Tegra 4. It just looks like a partnership that would work, just a gut feeling.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I remember them saying that after I posted that. My bad. I'd rather have Qualcomm's latest or Tegra 4...Something tells me I can see Moto using the Tegra 4. It just looks like a partnership that would work, just a gut feeling.

Have they gotten the Tegra to work with Verizon's LTE?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Here's a wild thought-

Intel inside.

SamOliver

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
What are the chances this will be shown at CES? It sounds like it will be coming in the second half of the year so I doubt we'll see it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC