Motorola "X" Phone

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Moto said that the rumored unannounced and unconfirmed phone is coming out this summer?

Sent from my SCH-I535

Yes - sorta. In their official press release about it they said, "Today at the AllThingsD conference Dennis Woodside revealed how we are reinventing Motorola through a portfolio of products starting with Moto X, a new flagship smartphone that will be designed, engineered and assembled in the USA. We?re not talking about just a handful of units either -- available this summer, every Moto X sold in the USA will be assembled in Fort Worth, Texas, making it the first smartphone ever assembled domestically...."

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes - sorta. In their official press release about it they said, "Today at the AllThingsD conference Dennis Woodside revealed how we are reinventing Motorola through a portfolio of products starting with Moto X, a new flagship smartphone that will be designed, engineered and assembled in the USA. We?re not talking about just a handful of units either -- available this summer, every Moto X sold in the USA will be assembled in Fort Worth, Texas, making it the first smartphone ever assembled domestically...."

End of summer likely. Isn't this when Motorola usually did refreshes? (summer and fall?)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Moto X seems to be a very intriguing device.

The rumored porsche like customization is very appealing to me even if it were to be only cosmetic. Then Motorola talking improving battery life more than making battery bigger but how it's designed. Speaking on design the Moto X may adopt the edge to edge design on sceen buttons which I prefer. Lastly this all might run on stock android and sold through the play store may be the stock andoid phone I been waiting for.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Motorola moto x: 1.7GHz dual-core MSM8960 Pro, 720p, 2GB/16GB, 10MP/2MP, Android 4.2.2

So what do you think? Mid-level processor specs and screen. Not sure about the size of the screen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

At first glance other than the camera and possibly the extra sensor stuff, seems like the Nexus 4 is a better device. Will have to see what the total package looks like though; if anything in the last couple of years a lot of devices have shown us that the spec sheet isn't the end all of the experience.. still, if they're going low to lower costs, I think that's a mistake. I definitely still want to see and play with it before choosing between in and the Nexus 5.

Also still VERY curious about battery life.

dcunited08

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
At first glance other than the camera and possibly the extra sensor stuff, seems like the Nexus 4 is a better device. Will have to see what the total package looks like though; if anything in the last couple of years a lot of devices have shown us that the spec sheet isn't the end all of the experience.. still, if they're going low to lower costs, I think that's a mistake. I definitely still want to see and play with it before choosing between in and the Nexus 5.

I hope this is one of two devices and the other is similar to the S4. At those specs they might could sell it at $199-250 unlocked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

anon(5384869)

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

This is where I'm at too. For sure my next phone will be purchased off-contract, and since Google seems to be the only one offering high-end phones at great prices (read N4 at $350), it seems I'll be buying my next phone from the play store, and I'm totally fie with that! However, I'm not sacrificing flagship-status specs for a good price, so if this MotoX, or some "hero" variant of it, isn't competitive with HTC and Sammy, then I'll be waiting for the N5, which I imagine will be an improvement of the already amazing Nexus 4.

juicebox666

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I'd be disappointed if those were the final specs. Other then the camera I'd say the N4 is a much better phone and a great value. I'm wondering what the N5 specs will be.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

anon(5384869)

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I think that the first phone Motorola outs will certainly be a mid ranger. It was indeed eluded that we will be seeing multiple releases up until October, so I wouldn't give up on them until then at least. It'll be well timed since that's normally close to nexus release time too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Right, it would take a lot of marketing and/or software features to make people overlook a spec sheet comparison and I think they know that.

dcunited08

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Right, it would take a lot of marketing and/or software features to make people overlook a spec sheet comparison and I think they know that.
They seem to read blogs and I expect they do know this. The spotlight is on them and they know what should be done, it will be their fault if they fail to reach #2-3.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I'd be happy with mid-tier if there is a good price to match it. I'd never spend $699 on a cell phone off contract. But $299-$349 would be tolerable in-between 2 year upgrades. The specs make it a small bump over the US GS3, and I'm itching to try something new.

ncvikingx97

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Although it isn't as good spec wise as the nexus 4, maybe it isn't trying to be. As sometime who doesn't want to pay the premium some of these unlocked phones cost (not nexus 4), I would be really interested in trying out the unlocked way if this phone is prices at 200-275.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress