Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree163Likes

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    I'd bet we'd see another article or two on "certain" tech sites hinting at "revolutionary" features on this X phone around the S IV announcement.
    That's what I think as well. They will piggy back off that press.

ROM
    Viper

I am going to make a prediction:

The "X Phone" will be an average but we'll executed device with similar hardware to other phones and some cool but not game changing software features. Basically a good phone that has nothing above or below any thing else(s4 htc one). I just don't understand where all these predictions of an earth shattering phone come from. I guess ppl just like wishful thinking...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez)

Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post

The "X Phone" will be an average but we'll executed device with similar hardware to other phones and some cool but not game changing software features. Basically a good phone that has nothing above or below any thing else(s4 htc one). I just don't understand where all these predictions of an earth shattering phone come from. I guess ppl just like wishful thinking...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    I'd be happy with stock Android, good battery life and 3 month updates.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Viper

Quote Originally Posted by dcunited08 View Post
    I'd be happy with stock Android, good battery life and 3 month updates.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
    That would be a step up from the status quo. The info rumored says not stock Android though.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Some one in the Google camp mentioned the x phone will have revolutionary softwarre last month.that is why we talk about it.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...

ROM
    Stock

Definitely not accurate, but good looking nonetheless.
    Photon4glover likes this.

ROM
    Viper

Looks like a iPhone 3gs, an iphone 5, and a galaxy nexus had baby...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Darth Spock likes this.

I'd bet we'd see another article or two on "certain" tech sites hinting at "revolutionary" features on this X phone around the S IV announcement.
    Lol, I CAN'T WAIT !!!
    Joined the Android Army '11
    Current Android ~ Nexus 5
    Like A Bo$$

ROM
    CM10.1 Fitsnugly AOKP

All the specs seem off. Anyone who has been keeping up with the latest smartphones would be able to come up with more believable specs than those in that article.
    No 1080p display?
    1.5ghz processor?
    4.5" display?
    No thanks to all of the above.
    To run game changing software, you need to up the specs a little.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,582 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nakrohtap View Post
    All the specs seem off. Anyone who has been keeping up with the latest smartphones would be able to come up with more believable specs than those in that article.
    No 1080p display?
    1.5ghz processor?
    4.5" display?
    No thanks to all of the above.
    To run game changing software, you need to up the specs a little.

Quad-core Krait could mean Snapdragon 600 or 800.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

That would be a step up from the status quo. The info rumored says not stock Android though.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    I don't really mind no Vanilla Android. Personally, I really enjoy the Moto skin and what it has to offer. It's the least intrusive skin, and provided Google doesn't drastically change it, I could live with it.
    Ry likes this.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,582 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AMTrombley0924 View Post
    I don't really mind no Vanilla Android. Personally, I really enjoy the Moto skin and what it has to offer. It's the least intrusive skin, and provided Google doesn't drastically change it, I could live with it.
    I don't mind it either. It helps differentiate Motorola smartphones from Nexus smartphones and Samsung smartphones and HTC smartphones.

Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    I don't mind it either. It helps differentiate Motorola smartphones from Nexus smartphones and Samsung smartphones and HTC smartphones.
    I just wish Moto skinned phones didn't have such and ugly and useless Gallery apps...lol
    Motorola Moto X on Verizon
    -Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx HD (Ret)
    -Motorola Droid 4 (Ret)
    -HTC Droid Incredible 2 (Ret)
    -Motorola Droid (Ret)

I never owned a Moto phone and always heard Motoblur was awful. But I'm inclined to see it first hand before making a judgement.
    Joined the Android Army '11
    Current Android ~ Nexus 5
    Like A Bo$$

ROM
    CM10.1 Fitsnugly AOKP

Quad-core Krait could mean Snapdragon 600 or 800.
    Based on the frequency, it sounds more like an S4 pro. I don't believe anything in that story.

<rant size="small">Not sure right now if this is enough... I've been with HTC for a while, then I picked up the Razr Maxx. I don't have an issue with MotoBlur or whatever they want to call it now. It's time for a new device. I just have not thought the new M series or the HD series of Razr peeked my attention. Now with the HTC One coming out (possibly even to Verizon), and the Galaxy S4...

Unless I hear something really fantastic about the new "X" from Motorola very soon, I'm not sure it will be enough to keep me waiting for Motorola's next big thing.</rant>
    Current: Moto X (2014) Pure Edition, Pebble Steel, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)

Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"

Um, Goog CFO just dumped on this year's releases from Moto: Google's CFO says Motorola's upcoming products aren't 'wow by Google standards' | The Verge

I guess that limits either the X Phone to the end of the year or it is not as 'wow' as Google has in mind.
    Ry likes this.

ROM
    Viper

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetgirl#ac View Post
    1am, huh? Ugh, fun times indeed! Glad you got them though!

Your G-1 first look video today was great! I love that you can add Folders to the Home screen and put stuff in it like your games. Sweet!
    And that's what I thought...

This does show that Google does have plans for moto though. That is something I never thought I would see them state publicly. Heck I didn't think they would use moto at all or they would use them to push the market but never give them super exclusives(which they might never)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #45  
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,582 Global Posts

Um, Goog CFO just dumped on this year's releases from Moto: Google's CFO says Motorola's upcoming products aren't 'wow by Google standards' | The Verge

I guess that limits either the X Phone to the end of the year or it is not as 'wow' as Google has in mind.
    Curious. What exactly is "'wow' by Google's standards"? Buzz? Wave? Nexus Q?

Just saying.

paul-c likes this.

I'm going to lean towards the former on this one.

Curious. What exactly is "'wow' by Google's standards"? Buzz? Wave? Nexus Q?

Just saying.
    And this is why, I am leaning towards the former. Yes, even Phil admits that Google can miss sometimes, but I'm thinking about their Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 devices when I think about "wow" products. And YES I KNOW that the X probably won't be a Moto Nexus per-se, but even if it's remotely close to that, combined with Moto's build quality, radios and battery tech, I will be a happy camper, as I would imagine most fans would be too.
    Motorola Moto X on Verizon
    -Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx HD (Ret)
    -Motorola Droid 4 (Ret)
    -HTC Droid Incredible 2 (Ret)
    -Motorola Droid (Ret)
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #47  
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,582 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AMTrombley0924 View Post
    And this is why, I am leaning towards the former. Yes, even Phil admits that Google can miss sometimes, but I'm thinking about their Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 devices when I think about "wow" products. And YES I KNOW that the X probably won't be a Moto Nexus per-se, but even if it's remotely close to that, combined with Moto's build quality, radios and battery tech, I will be a happy camper, as I would imagine most fans would be too.
    via Phil..

Here's the meat of what Pichette actually said in his talk:

The case for Motorola, as I've said many times on the [earnings] calls, we've inherited a pipeline. Motorola has a great set of assets. And it had a pipeline of products that were fine, but not really to the standard to what Google would say was "wow." "Innovative." "Transformative."

So we have been working really hard, through [CEO] Dennis Woodside and his team, to take a hold of Motorola, really kind of putting it on a trajectory that's much more what we believe at Google is the right mindset, the right timeframe. You invest for the long term.

But we've inherited 18 months of pipeline that we actually have to drain right now, and while we're actually building the next wave of innovation and product line. And so far, as we've said many times in the past, we have to go through this transition. These are not easy transitions. We're very optimistic. We're very supportive. And we have a great plan for Motorola.
    Motorola has a great set of assets. And it had a pipeline of products that were fine, but not really to the standard to what Google would say was "wow." "Innovative." "Transformative."
    had.

ROM
    CM10.1 Fitsnugly AOKP

18 months from the announcement of the acquisition or the close of the deal? That's either roughly 9 or 18 months ago. A lot of these quotes look to be taken out of context. Also, just because they had products in the pipeline, that doesn't mean that can't develop anything alongside those. I am sure they will release those regardless. It's all speculation now until this summer.

ROM
    CM10.1 Fitsnugly AOKP

I just read another article on this on Engadget. They said the "current lineup" doesn't wow them. The X phone wouldn't be included in this.

25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #50  
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,582 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nakrohtap View Post
    18 months from the announcement of the acquisition or the close of the deal? That's either roughly 9 or 18 months ago. A lot of these quotes look to be taken out of context. Also, just because they had products in the pipeline, that doesn't mean that can't develop anything alongside those. I am sure they will release those regardless. It's all speculation now until this summer.

You're not really acquired until the deal closes.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast