Motorola "X" Phone

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I can't wait for them to release more news about this phone. Any idea when?

All signs point to Google I/O.

But nothing is official until it's official.

My sources (yes, I have sources) within the industry (not salespeople) are telling me Motorola's trying really hard to develop a killer device and keep it under wraps as much as possible. Nothing new here but my insiders are stressing extra steps to keep this secret for now.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I hope we get inklings as we move to March 14th to remind everyone it is coming...

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

I'd bet we'd see another article or two on "certain" tech sites hinting at "revolutionary" features on this X phone around the S IV announcement. ;)

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I am going to make a prediction:

The "X Phone" will be an average but we'll executed device with similar hardware to other phones and some cool but not game changing software features. Basically a good phone that has nothing above or below any thing else(s4 htc one). I just don't understand where all these predictions of an earth shattering phone come from. I guess ppl just like wishful thinking...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

dcunited08

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site

The "X Phone" will be an average but we'll executed device with similar hardware to other phones and some cool but not game changing software features. Basically a good phone that has nothing above or below any thing else(s4 htc one). I just don't understand where all these predictions of an earth shattering phone come from. I guess ppl just like wishful thinking...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

I'd be happy with stock Android, good battery life and 3 month updates.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Some one in the Google camp mentioned the x phone will have revolutionary softwarre last month.that is why we talk about it.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

All the specs seem off. Anyone who has been keeping up with the latest smartphones would be able to come up with more believable specs than those in that article.
No 1080p display?
1.5ghz processor?
4.5" display?
No thanks to all of the above.
To run game changing software, you need to up the specs a little.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
All the specs seem off. Anyone who has been keeping up with the latest smartphones would be able to come up with more believable specs than those in that article.
No 1080p display?
1.5ghz processor?
4.5" display?
No thanks to all of the above.
To run game changing software, you need to up the specs a little.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quad-core Krait could mean Snapdragon 600 or 800.

anon(5384869)

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
That would be a step up from the status quo. The info rumored says not stock Android though.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

I don't really mind no Vanilla Android. Personally, I really enjoy the Moto skin and what it has to offer. It's the least intrusive skin, and provided Google doesn't drastically change it, I could live with it.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't really mind no Vanilla Android. Personally, I really enjoy the Moto skin and what it has to offer. It's the least intrusive skin, and provided Google doesn't drastically change it, I could live with it.

I don't mind it either. It helps differentiate Motorola smartphones from Nexus smartphones and Samsung smartphones and HTC smartphones.

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I never owned a Moto phone and always heard Motoblur was awful. But I'm inclined to see it first hand before making a judgement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam