Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 22 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 535
Like Tree163Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    8,756 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,792 Global Posts

    Default Motorola "X" Phone

    More Google Motorola 'X Phone' details emerge

    More rumors -

    • Google will announce the rumored Motorola X Phone at its annual Google I/O conference in May
    • the handset isn't expected to arrive until July 8.
    • The Android smartphone will be reportedly offered on "all carriers," though it isn't clear if this simply means the big four providers, or other players as well.
    • $299 on-contract with Verizon
    • Unsubsidized versions sold in the Play Store, bootloaders on those versions will be unlocked
    • Not an Nexus
    • unlocking the bootloader on the Verizon version could cost a $15 monthly fee.


    Of course, obligatory "grain of salt" disclaimer.
    Android Central Moderator

    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  2. #2  
    taylorz_412's Avatar

    Posts
    2,076 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    If that 15$ a month becomes true verizon is just ridiculous

    sent via VZW GaLaXy note II
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    8,756 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,792 Global Posts

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by taylorz_412 View Post
    If that 15$ a month becomes true verizon is just ridiculous

    sent via VZW GaLaXy note II
    I truly doubt the "$15/month for unlocked bootloader on Verizon" rumor will ever come true.
    Android Central Moderator

    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    jamontoast1291 likes this.
  4. #4  
    taylorz_412's Avatar

    Posts
    2,076 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    I truly doubt the "$15/month for unlocked bootloader on Verizon" rumor will ever come true.
    Yeah neither do I but still lol

    sent via VZW GaLaXy note II
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    8,756 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,792 Global Posts

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by taylorz_412 View Post
    Yeah never do I but still lol

    sent via VZW GaLaXy note II
    It would seem impossible or a pain in the *** for Verizon to impose.
    Android Central Moderator

    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  6. #6  
    taylorz_412's Avatar

    Posts
    2,076 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    It would seem impossible or a pain in the *** for Verizon to impose.
    It honesty isn't even worth the money for them to do so

    sent via VZW GaLaXy note II
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    8,756 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,792 Global Posts

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    If Google wants Motorola to remain competitive with Samsung and Apple, this phone needs to be on as many carriers as possible and pricing needs to line up or beat the competition - even subsidized.
    Android Central Moderator

    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    taylorz_412 likes this.
  8. #8  
    NoYankees44's Avatar

    Posts
    1,212 Posts
    ROM
    Viper

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by taylorz_412 View Post
    If that 15$ a month becomes true verizon is just ridiculous

    sent via VZW GaLaXy note II
    Unless it is a completely different version, I don't see how they could know. Unless it was somehow coded into the radio or something ridiculous like that.

    Don't see it happening, but Verizon craziness has surprised me before...

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Moto X 2014(stock for the time being) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Galaxy S3(30ft fall...)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez)
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    8,756 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,792 Global Posts

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    BGR: Motorola X Phone will reportedly include revolution new features

    Dan Graziano over at BGR is reporting on rumors of Google's X Phone by Motorola writing, "The device, which is known as the X Phone for the time being, is said to feature a high-end rear camera, long battery life and a flexible display, and it is expected to be very durable."

    Outside of the flexible display, I don't see anything too revolutionary listed - it's more evolutionary unless the phone uses a new battery technology rather than just cramming a massive battery in a small space.

    "Sources speaking to the site also revealed that the handset may include software that has never been seen before in a smartphone." This screams Google Now, but we'll see.

    Curiously, the phone is being said to "have been in development for a long time" which could mean a few things. Google could have had plans for this phone before officially acquiring Motorola. Or this could have been a Motorola project that Google quickly got involved in.
    Android Central Moderator

    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  10. #10  
    NoYankees44's Avatar

    Posts
    1,212 Posts
    ROM
    Viper

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    BGR: Motorola X Phone will reportedly include revolution new features

    Dan Graziano over at BGR is reporting on rumors of Google's X Phone by Motorola writing, "The device, which is known as the X Phone for the time being, is said to feature a high-end rear camera, long battery life and a flexible display, and it is expected to be very durable."

    Outside of the flexible display, I don't see anything too revolutionary listed - it's more evolutionary unless the phone uses a new battery technology rather than just cramming a massive battery in a small space.

    "Sources speaking to the site also revealed that the handset may include software that has never been seen before in a smartphone." This screams Google Now, but we'll see.

    Curiously, the phone is being said to "have been in development for a long time" which could mean a few things. Google could have had plans for this phone before officially acquiring Motorola. Or this could have been a Motorola project that Google quickly got involved in.
    I hope I am proved wrong, but I mean it's moto, how revolutionary can it be? Lol

    I will be curious to see how involved Google has been with this project. Everything points to partner rather than a purely Google contracted device(I know I am splitting definition hairs here). We will see. I hope I am wrong, but i just don't see anything game changing coming out of this. At least nothing to live up to the hype around it...

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Moto X 2014(stock for the time being) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Galaxy S3(30ft fall...)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez)
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    Well, main reason I haven't given moto a look is because they generally make phones for Verizon and have crappy screens. However if it is true its launching on all carriers, and if the screen they use matches up with the M7, then I will definitely have to give a good hard look.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    Is the Motorola X Phone just for Verizon? Or can I get it on Sprint?
    Joined the Android Army '11
    Current Android ~ Nexus 5
    Like A Bo$$
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    8,756 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,792 Global Posts

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by AllenRulz View Post
    Is the Motorola X Phone just for Verizon? Or can I get it on Sprint?
    The rumor is the Motorola X Phone is going to be available on all carriers, like the iPhone and Galaxy S3/Note 2.
    Android Central Moderator

    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Darth Spock likes this.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    The rumor is the Motorola X Phone is going to be available on all carriers, like the iPhone and Galaxy S3/Note 2.
    Sweet, I hope that is true. I was thinking of getting the SGIV but after reading it might have a different OS than Android, Might be looking at this phone to upgrade to..
    Joined the Android Army '11
    Current Android ~ Nexus 5
    Like A Bo$$
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by AllenRulz View Post
    Sweet, I hope that is true. I was thinking of getting the SGIV but after reading it might have a different OS than Android, Might be looking at this phone to upgrade to..
    It's not gonna have a different OS. I'm looking at the S4, this phone, or maybe the Note 2 if I can't wait that long. I have an upgrade in March and another in August.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Darth Spock likes this.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    8,756 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,792 Global Posts

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    Well, main reason I haven't given moto a look is because they generally make phones for Verizon and have crappy screens. However if it is true its launching on all carriers, and if the screen they use matches up with the M7, then I will definitely have to give a good hard look.
    We all hope Google can source a higher quality panel for Motorola.
    Android Central Moderator

    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post
    I hope I am proved wrong, but I mean it's moto, how revolutionary can it be? Lol

    I will be curious to see how involved Google has been with this project. Everything points to partner rather than a purely Google contracted device(I know I am splitting definition hairs here). We will see. I hope I am wrong, but i just don't see anything game changing coming out of this. At least nothing to live up to the hype around it...

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Considering that in moto's alost 100 year history, they helped pioneer the mobile communications field, and have only fallen off repatively recently, it's safe to say that they may still have some big things to do.
  18. #18  
    NoYankees44's Avatar

    Posts
    1,212 Posts
    ROM
    Viper

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by bp3dots View Post
    Considering that in moto's alost 100 year history, they helped pioneer the mobile communications field, and have only fallen off repatively recently, it's safe to say that they may still have some big things to do.
    They may, but they were also recently acquired. The last couple of years have done well in sales, but always with or behind the curve with tech. Never ahead. To think they would suddenly jump out ahead is expecting a lot imo

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Moto X 2014(stock for the time being) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Galaxy S3(30ft fall...)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez)
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    I'm excited for the Xphone, enjoying my XOOM, too, and hope that it will succeed in the same way the RAZR did.

    Sent from my MZ604 using Android Central Forums
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    8,756 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,792 Global Posts

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    Snapdragon 600 or 800?
    Android Central Moderator

    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Snapdragon 600 or 800?
    800.

    What I am really looking forward to is the software changes like Google Now with addons for Glass. Longer battery life. Fast updates.

    Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    I can't wait for them to release more news about this phone. Any idea when?
    Joined the Android Army '11
    Current Android ~ Nexus 5
    Like A Bo$$
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    8,756 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,792 Global Posts

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by AllenRulz View Post
    I can't wait for them to release more news about this phone. Any idea when?
    All signs point to Google I/O.

    But nothing is official until it's official.

    My sources (yes, I have sources) within the industry (not salespeople) are telling me Motorola's trying really hard to develop a killer device and keep it under wraps as much as possible. Nothing new here but my insiders are stressing extra steps to keep this secret for now.
    Android Central Moderator

    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Thanked by 3:
    msndrstood and dcunited08 like this.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    I hope we get inklings as we move to March 14th to remind everyone it is coming...

    Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    8,756 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,792 Global Posts

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by dcunited08 View Post
    I hope we get inklings as we move to March 14th to remind everyone it is coming...

    Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
    I'd bet we'd see another article or two on "certain" tech sites hinting at "revolutionary" features on this X phone around the S IV announcement.
    Android Central Moderator

    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
Page 1 of 22 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 05-26-2011, 01:45 PM
  2. Is the Motorola Droid a good phone?
    By Chrisy in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-24-2011, 04:08 PM
  3. Bart Simpson's quotes widget
    By Patriiick in forum Android Apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-24-2010, 10:19 PM
  4. Did Droid Save Motorola's Phone Division?
    By johnatthebar in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-21-2009, 10:10 PM
  5. Motorola Droid the only Android phone with a flash?
    By xfuchsiax in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-06-2009, 03:03 PM

Posting Permissions