Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree47Likes

Default Re: X phone news is monumental... and no coverage?

Great discussion. The bottom line is Moto has said this phone will be assembled in the USA (Fort Worth) and Apple announced they will start to assemble one of their MacBooks in the USA (Austin).
    Many of us for years have pressured and complanined for these OEM's to move some operation back to the USA. Time to speak with your wallets and support this decision. The bottom line is they will be more expensive to assemble here in the USA but it remains to be seen if this will translate to much higher end user cost.

I realize that not everyone is in a position to buy these items but those of us that can, should. I am not in the market for the cheapest phone and the cheapest pre paid plan although many are, I hope they do not dominate this part of the market. I will support these products, companies and neighbors. If you can also, provided the product is of premium quality, it could be huge!
    jdbii, Ryandroid86 and Aquila like this.

Now what would be funny is if since America has not built anything in so long that we forgot how. And build quality is horribly low so we still buy imported phones. So lets pray that doesn't happen because it would be a crying shame.

Sent from my underrated galaxy s blaze 4g
    planoman likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    Great discussion. The bottom line is Moto has said this phone will be assembled in the USA (Fort Worth) and Apple announced they will start to assemble one of their MacBooks in the USA (Austin).
    Many of us for years have pressured and complanined for these OEM's to move some operation back to the USA. Time to speak with your wallets and support this decision. The bottom line is they will be more expensive to assemble here in the USA but it remains to be seen if this will translate to much higher end user cost.

I realize that not everyone is in a position to buy these items but those of us that can, should. I am not in the market for the cheapest phone and the cheapest pre paid plan although many are, I hope they do not dominate this part of the market. I will support these products, companies and neighbors. If you can also, provided the product is of premium quality, it could be huge!
    That we "should" buy from home grown companies or buy home grown products is debatable.

For instance... my Nissan Titan was built in the USA (Tennessee, I believe). This is a Japanese company, reaping the bottom line. But America workers got paid to make it.

If you own an F150 or Silverado, or Ram, it may very well have been made in Canada or Mexico. So Canadian or Mexican workers got paid, and the "American" company gets the bottom line... Which one do you support? There may not be a right answer.

Second, the economic growth pattern of a nation typically has a point where management IS it's job. I don't remember much from my econ classes, but I know that much. It may very well be that, as a nation, we are beyond our own pay scale to employ, and it is the natural progression to export knowledge in exchange for labor (macro scale here).

Who knows... maybe this is a part of the reason that all pinnacle nations are destined to fail. Sorta bleak... I'm a real Debby downer.

Posted via Android Central App
    jdbii likes this.

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

jsharp70,

I sent you a private message. My inbox states I have no sent messages, so I am a little confused. If you got it, no pressure, I was just looking for advice.

It's not just black or white.
    Assembled in the USA is not as good as Made In USA, but it's still better than Not Made AND Not Assembled in USA.

Jobs are good.
    srkmagnus and planoman like this.

Global Posts
    13,295 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by Pollster View Post
    It's not just black or white.
    Assembled in the USA is not as good as Made In USA, but it's still better than Not Made AND Not Assembled in USA.

Jobs are good.
    It's a start. And you're right, jobs are good and some brought back stateside is good.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Aquila and planoman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp70 View Post

Don't underestimate the importance of this announcement in your coverage. I may be wearing a tin foil hat... but you should be rooting for Motorola and Apple's efforts to show that building electronics in the US is feasible.

Posted via Android Central App
    I worked for the original Motorola C & E for 12 years putting in and fixing the very first Moto cell phones, still apart of Motorola's spin off company to this day and currently carry what I believe to be the best built phone I've used to date, so you can be sure I am definitely routing for a successful phone and hopefully expanded jobs in Texas.

Posted using the amazing Razr MaxxHD by Motorola.
    planoman, Ry and Rizz1-2 like this.

Not debatable for me. I am a simple guy. This has made me very successful and blessed in life in terms of money. If buying the Moto X helps one of my neighbors go to work in the morning, that is good enough for me. If it is actually a kick **** device, all the better. As several have said, I think this is a good start.
    Rizz1-2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    Not debatable for me. I am a simple guy. This has made me very successful and blessed in life in terms of money. If buying the Moto X helps one of my neighbors go to work in the morning, that is good enough for me. If it is actually a kick **** device, all the better. As several have said, I think this is a good start.
    Just updating this thread from the summer! Got my Moto X today! I too was a naysayer on the initial specs but you all convinced me that this phone is more than the sum of it's specs...Have not set it up all the way yet. Waiting on my screen protector & case to get here on Thursday and then I will activate the nano SIM they gave me at the ATT store and put it through its paces! Looking forward to it and keep supporting the Texas who assemble this device!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails X phone news is monumental... and no coverage?-moto-x.jpg  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12