Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By srkmagnus
  • 1 Post By Assassin Droid
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Some speculation

-The specs we received are real as they correspond to multiple different leaks from multiple sources. This device is about ready for multiple carriers.

-Leaks in the next week or two will make specs less important. My thinking is these leaks seem somewhat planned and Motorola has a vested interest in keeping everyone looking forward to it and not buying a device now.

-Some devices will be shown off in the next two months. They have devices that have gone through the FCC and I expect they will not wait until October to show them off.

-Motorola is expecting to blow the socks off the phone industry. Multiple Google and Motorola spokespeople have raved about the upcoming devices, specifically battery life and durability. They would not do so if they were not really expecting it to move the needle.

-Motorola has to make this be their year. I may be a little more interested than most but I think the Android community is really looking to see what Google is doing with Motorola and if it is not capitalize on this year it may never be. There is no clear number two in the Android market and this year they have a chance to begin to move into that spot.

Thoughts?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    26,619 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Some speculation

Quote Originally Posted by dcunited08 View Post
    -The specs we received are real as they correspond to multiple different leaks from multiple sources. This device is about ready for multiple carriers.

-Leaks in the next week or two will make specs less important. My thinking is these leaks seem somewhat planned and Motorola has a vested interest in keeping everyone looking forward to it and not buying a device now.

-Some devices will be shown off in the next two months. They have devices that have gone through the FCC and I expect they will not wait until October to show them off.

-Motorola is expecting to blow the socks off the phone industry. Multiple Google and Motorola spokespeople have raved about the upcoming devices, specifically battery life and durability. They would not do so if they were not really expecting it to move the needle.

-Motorola has to make this be their year. I may be a little more interested than most but I think the Android community is really looking to see what Google is doing with Motorola and if it is not capitalize on this year it may never be. There is no clear number two in the Android market and this year they have a chance to begin to move into that spot.

Thoughts?

I agree that I am excited for Moto. I will freely admit I prefer Samsung devices, but I am rooting for HTC, Moto, and even LG to make some leaps and bounds this year. Here is the reason: I think that if someone wants a choice in a smartphone it shouldn't be Samsung or Apple.

I am actually hoping that the Moto X will be a near nexus device. Meaning, let's say an update for android OS comes down. Since this is all hypothetical, lat's say JB version 4.4. So, 4.4 would go to the Nexus devices first. What I am hoping for is that relatively shortly after, it goes to the Moto X. I also really hope the X is as easy to root and flash ROMs to.

The next 9 months will be interesting.

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan

Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry

Global Posts
    11,325 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

I'll be sitting tight and not upgrading until I see what Motorola has to offer. I've owned HTC and Samsung devices and think that it's time for something new -- assuming Sprint receives a future Motorola device worth getting.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Assassin Droid likes this.

so are you saying the mediocre specs released evleaks is REAL??? It's disappointing because everyone is hoping for a top end device.

Quote Originally Posted by dcunited08 View Post

Thoughts?

Looking forward to what Motorola has to offer since my GNex, ROMmed up and down, is starting to feel very old. My last Moto device was the OG Droid and it was a solid device in my opinon, just lacked RAM to run multiple apps. Hopefully they DO manage to keep their summer launch window.

Global Posts
    11,325 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by somdave2005 View Post
    so are you saying the mediocre specs released evleaks is REAL??? It's disappointing because everyone is hoping for a top end device.
    Do you mean This Leak? Evleaks has a reputable history for leaking or announcing unannounced devices and specs. If those specs are true, then this won't be the "super phone" many are expecting, hardware wise. That doesn't mean this device will not be a game changer and have high demand. After all, we still don't know if the Motorola X will be the only deviced relased under that name or one of many iterations across the board -- Motorola XXX, anyone? ha ha

How the hardware works with the software (and vice-versa) is what wil make this a great device, regardless of it being high end or mid-range device.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by somdave2005 View Post
    Is it the "hero" device, I do not know but they are in line with the rumored specs for the XFON AT&T XT1058, Sprint, and Verizon as they went through the FCC.

I would like to see them release a device with a newer processor and higher resolution screen if for no other reason then to bring Android fan boys on board. These specs, depending on screen size and price, are fine for me.

Global Posts
    8,590 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Do you mean This Leak? Evleaks has a reputable history for leaking or announcing unannounced devices and specs. If those specs are true, then this won't be the "super phone" many are expecting, hardware wise. That doesn't mean this device will not be a game changer and have high demand. After all, we still don't know if the Motorola X will be the only deviced relased under that name or one of many iterations across the board -- Motorola XXX, anyone? ha ha

How the hardware works with the software (and vice-versa) is what wil make this a great device, regardless of it being high end or mid-range device.
    A lot of people seem convinced that the XFon is not the Moto X flagship, at least not the version in FCC reports.

Transmitted through spacetime.

¯\_()_/¯ Community Rules & Guidelines

Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Pro, Attentive & Helpful

Actual battery performance will vary and depends on many factors including signal strength, network configuration, age of battery, operating temperature, features selected, device settings (including screen brightness), and voice, data and other application usage patterns.
    Thanked by:
    ChuckG73 likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

As far as price, I would say $400 is too much. Google released a phone with roughly the same specs 7 months ago for $300 and Moore's law should come into play now.

No word on a tablet... Thoughts?

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    364 Global Posts

This phone looks like a dud. I think I'll have an HTC One by the end of summer.

Sent from my wireless telephonic device.

Global Posts
    8,590 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by jova33 View Post
    This phone looks like a dud. I think I'll have an HTC One by the end of summer.

Making a decision based on rumors is often bad policy, unless of course you were hoping for a reason to second guess the One. Either way, the Moto X rumors describe releases through October, so if you need something this summer, we're expecting the flagship in the fall and so it'd probably be wise to get the best of what's available now.

Actual battery performance will vary and depends on many factors including signal strength, network configuration, age of battery, operating temperature, features selected, device settings (including screen brightness), and voice, data and other application usage patterns.

Global Posts
    364 Global Posts

The leaked specs come from evleaks, which is usually correct.
    And I've got unlimited on Verizon, so I'll be waiting til the end of summer for an HTC One anyway. So, if Motorola doesn't have something dope out or about to come out by then, I might just go with HTC.
    If Verizon doesn't release something other than an iPhone with more than 16GB, I'm just going to ditch and go GSM. That iOcean X7 looks nice.

Global Posts
    8,590 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

The leaked specs come from evleaks, which is usually correct.
    And I've got unlimited on Verizon, so I'll be waiting til the end of summer for an HTC One anyway. So, if Motorola doesn't have something dope out or about to come out by then, I might just go with HTC.
    If Verizon doesn't release something other than an iPhone with more than 16GB, I'm just going to ditch and go GSM. That iOcean X7 looks nice.

I'm strongly considering a switch to GSM as well.

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    I'm strongly considering a switch to GSM as well.
    If you go GSM you can get a nexus if you so desire.

Global Posts
    364 Global Posts

That is true. If I were to go GSM then the Nexus 5 should be out towards the end of the year. Just more variety of phones.
    But also of a phone is high end with unlockable bootloader it usually gets developer support.

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

I have unlimited with big Red too, and am very strongly considering moving to AT&T. Verizon seems to be slipping. I'm also tired of their selection, or lack there of in phones. Let's not even get into their update fiascos.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    364 Global Posts

I haven't received an update from Verizon since I got my GNex. Too bad Verizon will never see another nexus until VoLTE maybe.

18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

I haven't received an update from Verizon since I got my GNex. Too bad Verizon will never see another nexus until VoLTE maybe.

I am not sure they will get one even then.

Global Posts
    364 Global Posts

Well I meant I've been on custom ROMs since week one lol. I was on 4.2.2 two months before Verizon released their update.
    I mean as long as the HTC One has an unlockable bootloader or Motorola's future bootloaders have an exploit, I'll get one of them.