Moto X Specs

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sick and tired of Google putting out phones that are a day old and a buck short. The complete lack of internal storage to me is the worst short comings you can add to a modern day Smart Phone. They constantly leave out internal storage because they are trying to ram their Cloud Storage down your throat. I will NEVER buy a new phone without at least 32gb of int storage with ext sd-card support. Without sd-card support the phone must have 64gb internal storage. Apple puts out their phones with the choice of internal storage, to me that is the only way to sell a phone. Never thought I would hear myself say that but it is true, Google is ramming their cloud storage down your throat, problem with that is if no signal no access to your storage, you are screwed. Google just doesn't get it so I ain't going to buy it. I use to be a Nexus nut, wouldn't buy any phone other than a Nexus phone. Those days are gone, There are certain features I want, I don't so much care if I have to pay a little extra but as I said, no adequate storage I will not buy it. Just My Opinion.
PS The new Moto X with it's 12mb of int storage after the OS you will fill that up so fast. After downloading a few of todays new games that take up 3mb of storage each you are left with about 5mb. Throw a few apps and your phone will be so bogged down and will be slow as mallasses. What a damn joke.

Suggestion: Don't buy this device.

There are a plethora of high-end Android devices; find one you don't need to whine about.

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
He's not whining per se, but brings up a good point. They want you to use the cloud, and you know Vzw and the rest of em want you to do the same.

I would at least like the option of a higher capacity device. I'd pay for the "privilege"

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Do the spec wars and storage space rants cease to ever end? Will the fan boys and girls stop with the melodramatic meltdowns when their favorite company doesn't go in direction they want.

Can I get moment of silence for those of us that are sane. We would appreciate not to have to read another WTF the worlds not fair post in the next 30 seconds.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what apps today, will use 4 cores, may be tomorrow or the next day ... the point is, this is going to be a mid-range phone, I am buying my next phone full price, the cost of this phone will be about the same as buying a S4...so what do I buy..the 720 screen or the 1080p screen? the 1.7 dual core or the 1.9 quad core...hmmm....

and I don't buy pre-built computers any more...no reason to when you can build what you want for less and get more. I prefer to run photoshop cs5 and sony vegas and finish what I am working on so I can do something else - no youtube'ing facebook'ing non-sense here.

You know this is going to be about the same cost as an S4? Link please because I haven't seen anything on price.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what apps today, will use 4 cores, may be tomorrow or the next day ... the point is, this is going to be a mid-range phone, I am buying my next phone full price, the cost of this phone will be about the same as buying a S4...so what do I buy..the 720 screen or the 1080p screen? the 1.7 dual core or the 1.9 quad core...hmmm....

and I don't buy pre-built computers any more...no reason to when you can build what you want for less and get more. I prefer to run photoshop cs5 and sony vegas and finish what I am working on so I can do something else - no youtube'ing facebook'ing non-sense here.

But plenty of forum-ing nonsense eh?

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
There are a plethora of high-end Android devices; find one you don't need to whine about.

Didn't you know? If a company doesn't build the exact phone wanted by some random person on the internet, then the phone and the company are massive failures that deserve to be swallowed up into the Earth and then vomited into space.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
If the Google Edition S4/HTC one is the same price as the Moto X, what would people buy?

If we find out that the always listening feature is actually a feature of Android 4.3 and Moto X just gets it first is there a real benefit in buying this phone anymore if the current specs are true?

If the phone specs hold to be true and the only really stellar feature is the alway listening, you have to beg the question, What the hell did Google do to make us wait this long for the phone?

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
US built
Stock android (Moto UI or not, Google developers and code)
Availble on all 4 major us carriers
Mid Range device to compete with flag ship devices at cost of a budget phone.

People will buy the device because they like the device. Their will always be a better phone on paper in the next ten minutes. It's the reality of technology and a cliche criticism of the moto x and any phone that doesn't have the latest tech.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

Armada

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I beg to differ the new 10core amd processors could blow the i7 out of the water. I have yet to test them myself. But as you can tell I support amd over Intel. But I'm always nvidia with graphics (as ati support sucks in Linux).

Sent from my paranoid s3...

The AMD only beats the Intel when it can utilize all of multithreading potential, which for even gamers is hard to do. You'll only see it winning maybe in rendering. Pick the processor based on your computing needs, not which one is "THE BEST #1 POTYAY." And pick the phone based on your needs. I don't want the S4 for all of it's quad core goodness because the screen is bigger than I want to use so a smaller option doesn't hurt. And if the Moto X is cheaper than the HTC One I might pick it over the One because I am strapped for cash right now and extra $100 in my pocket won't hurt. The only spec that concerns me with the X now is the battery capacity. I hope those sensors can be toggled off if need be.

boricua80

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I dont care about it having top specs but it looks like one of the common sensors that it should have come with "IR" is missing. Is it possible I'm reading the specs wrong?

Armada

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Seeing as a lot of the specs and features in Moto's new Droids are the same as the Moto X we might be able to infer a few things about it. First is that the Moto X might last 28 hours (at least on CDMA). What usage factors into that metric is dependent on statistics we don't know. Second is the Moto X isn't "only" dual core. There are 4 GPU cores, a core dedicated to keeping senors ticking and aware, and language core that should always be listening and help process other voice commands.

drhill

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
The X will have a smaller screen, so it might gain some battery there.

The fact that the Mini and Maxx have wireless charging, but the Ultra doesn't scares me for the X.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I dont care about it having top specs but it looks like one of the common sensors that it should have come with "IR" is missing. Is it possible I'm reading the specs wrong?

Historically IR isn't a common sensor. It's just been re-introduced by Samsung, HTC, and Sony.

jbruha

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
The X will have a smaller screen, so it might gain some battery there.

The fact that the Mini and Maxx have wireless charging, but the Ultra doesn't scares me for the X.

I'm thinking that if Motorola can afford to drop the battery to 2130mAh in the Ultra (down from 2530mAh in the RAZR HD), and the Moto X is supposed to be somewhere between 2200 and 2300mAh, the battery life will do just fine. It won't be 3+ day life like on the RAZR MAXX HD or the new MAXX, but it should easily withstand a full day of heavy abuse (hopefully).

As for wireless charging, that's a nail-biter right now. Hardware-wise, the Mini is really close in configuration to the Moto X, and supports it. The FCC documents do not make mention of wireless charging for the Moto X nor the Ultra though. I hope they're not required to report inductive charging in FCC reports and that we will still see it make an appearance in the Moto X, or at the very least, have it available as a customization option.

drhill

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Someone told me that FCC documents don't list wireless charging because the phone is a receiver and not a transmitter for the transfer. I wouldn't mind paying a bit more for wireless charging because it is a huge convenience to me.

I am wondering if they purposefully withheld it from the ultra to push people to give the Maxx more incentive. It seems like those three phones (four if you count the X) will have the same internals, but just differ for shell, screen size, and battery. Weird that the Ultra would be 2130 and the X 2200. I'm not too worried about battery, but I would have been happy to add 1 mm thickness and a few more bucks for a 3500mAh battery in the X.

jbruha

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Someone told me that FCC documents don't list wireless charging because the phone is a receiver and not a transmitter for the transfer. I wouldn't mind paying a bit more for wireless charging because it is a huge convenience to me.

I am wondering if they purposefully withheld it from the ultra to push people to give the Maxx more incentive. It seems like those three phones (four if you count the X) will have the same internals, but just differ for shell, screen size, and battery. Weird that the Ultra would be 2130 and the X 2200. I'm not too worried about battery, but I would have been happy to add 1 mm thickness and a few more bucks for a 3500mAh battery in the X.

If you check the FCC documents for devices like the Nexus 4, Droid Mini, or Droid MAXX, all of them have a section describing an inductive charger used, but I don't remember if it was actually being tested or just included with their reporting. So if the FCC is the final say to determine whether or not a device will have it, then it's not looking good for the X. :(

It sounds like they omitted the wireless charging portion for the Ultra to keep it thin more than anything else. Overall, it's a very bizarre group of devices. Mini has wireless charging, S4 Pro, only available in black, Ultra does NOT have wireless charging, X8, and available in 3 colors, MAXX has wireless charging, X8, only available in black, and the Moto X may/may not have wireless charging, S4 Pro, available in tons of colors. ???

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois