What would stop you from buying the Moto X?

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
$300 or $350 off contract. No bloatware. Faster updates.

All of witch being wild rumors... We will see on the first I suppose. I hope they got something up their sleeves. There has not been this many crazy rumors sense the iPhone 5.

Sent from my SCH-I535

Lanzeelus

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why everyone keeps saying this device has amazing battery life... It hasn't even came out yet and if you go by what we think we know, it only has a 2200mah battery. How many phones have came out and the company claimed great battery life?

Well, considering we base just about EVERYTHING we "know" on leaks and speculation, I'd say good battery life is a reasonable assumption. The Droid Ultra has a smaller battery to power a larger screen, and Motorola claims 29 hours of battery. That's only 3 hours less than what they touted the Droid RAZR MAXX HD to have last year, and we all know that device had exceptional battery life. So if the Droid Ultra has comparable battery life to a phone that's known to have fantastic battery life, and logically, the Moto X should have better battery life than the Droid Ultra, then it's a reasonable assumption that the Moto X should have great battery life.

Woodside also emphasized a focus on battery life (along with durability), and given Motorola's track record lately with battery life, it sounds pretty promising to me.

Or if you want a more math-er-matical answer with numbers and such, read my post in the http://forums.androidcentral.com/moto-x/296805-battery-size.html#post2957359 thread.

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
What would stop me from getting the Moto X?

Answers

- An iPhone with a 4.7in screen.
- Droid Maxx in red
- HTC One on Verizon

Looks like I will be getting the Moto X !!!

Yes, I know the One is supposedly coming to VZW. I'll believe it when I see it.

Frenzytom

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Here are mine, knowing that the VZW One, new Droids and the iPhone 5.x are coming...

1) Cost of unsubsidized?
2) Is it coming to Verizon?
3) More future-proof then my Rezound?
4) Unique features not in any other phone?

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Thermonuclear war, some sort of alien virus epidemic, Glenn Beck owning the device... lots of things :p

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

mech1164

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
After the debacle that this presser was. Just about everything Motorola did today would stop me.

Oh where to begin? Oh let's start with the exclusives. Att has the customizations and the 32MB option. WTF was that about. Who made that deal with the devil? Then to add insult to injury we are blessed with subsidiary pricing. 199 and 249 respectively. The 579 and 639 for the unlocked price. What were they smoking when that went down?

Gotta love the justification. Yes it has last year's cpu but we put in 2 dsp's. Woo hoo!!!!!!!! NOT!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
After the debacle that this presser was. Just about everything Motorola did today would stop me.

Oh where to begin? Oh let's start with the exclusives. Att has the customizations and the 32MB option. WTF was that about. Who made that deal with the devil? Then to add insult to injury we are blessed with subsidiary pricing. 199 and 249 respectively. The 579 and 639 for the unlocked price. What were they smoking when that went down?

Gotta love the justification. Yes it has last year's cpu but we put in 2 dsp's. Woo hoo!!!!!!!! NOT!

last years cpu? Pretty sure it has a dual core s600 (two krait 300s and an adreno 320 gpu)...which is this years cpu...

jbruha

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

1) The exclusive deal ends in about a month, and that includes the 32gb version. If a carrier gets Moto Maker, then that carrier gets 32gb as well. Thus far, Verizon is also confirmed as getting Moto Maker customizations later this year.

2) Pricing is a little off too. The unlocked prices were estimates and have yet to be confirmed, and even then, they were $575 and $625.

3) This whole "last year's CPU" thing? Has to stop, like, now. This came from the CPU-reading tools on the leaked devices that reported it as the MSM8960 and failing to factor in anything that has been altered and changed completely. The custom chip is clocked higher, optimized for better performance and less battery drain, paired with 2gb of RAM, and has already put up some impressive benchmarks. It's running with the big dogs, and it deserves too. There's no reason to think that by buying a Moto X or any of the new Droids that you're getting less hardware for your money than in an HTC One or Galaxy S IV.

I'm not thrilled about today's event and I'm still deciding what makes the most sense for me myself. The one thing I do know? I want those touchless controls, I want the experience that comes from those extra sensors, and I want that size phone. I also want wireless charging, which puts me in a tough spot.

Last edited:

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
1.OS Lag
2.Battery life not on par with the Galaxy Note 1
3. Slow os updates
4. Size phone must be smaller than my S3 and no thicker than a N4.
5. Cost
If phone has any of these issues then I will have to pass until I see the next nexus phone.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app
1. No OS lag but camera hiccup not a deal breaker
2. Battery life is great but I am waiting on real world test to make a verdict.
4.The phone is smaller than my S3 but slightly thick N4 passes until I actually hold device in my hand. I think phone will be to thick when put a otterbox defender case on.

Cost is very reasonable but I wished for the Google discount price. I will be take look at the device in store then hopefully compare it to the next nexus phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

NoNexus

May 10, 2013
Visit site
As I wrote in the other thread, you will not see a "Google price" on any Motorola phone for years as per the original purchase agreement of Motorola. Updates are still going to be subject to the carriers, like every other phone that is Nexus.

This phone never was for me, but it is a nice addition to the Android lineup

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
1) The exclusive deal ends in about a month, and that includes the 32gb version. If a carrier gets Moto Maker, then that carrier gets 32gb as well. Thus far, Verizon is also confirmed as getting Moto Maker customizations later this year.

2) Pricing is a little off too. The unlocked prices were estimates and have yet to be confirmed, and even then, they were $575 and $625.

3) This whole "last year's CPU" thing? Has to stop, like, now. This came from the CPU-reading tools on the leaked devices that reported it as the MSM8960 and failing to factor in anything that has been altered and changed completely. The custom chip is clocked higher, optimized for better performance and less battery drain, paired with 2gb of RAM, and has already put up some impressive benchmarks. It's running with the big dogs, and it deserves too. There's no reason to think that by buying a Moto X or any of the new Droids that you're getting less hardware for your money than in an HTC One or Galaxy S IV.

I'm not thrilled about today's event and I'm still deciding what makes the most sense for me myself. The one thing I do know? I want those touchless controls, I want the experience that comes from those extra sensors, and I want that size phone. I also want wireless charging, which puts me in a tough spot.

I'm also shopping upgrades this fall and really like what this device means for the direction of Android in optimization, but also am really attracted to the wireless charging in the Maxx. Those two devices are neck and neck to me, for different reasons. I think I'm going to hold a couple of months and see if anything else happens to make the conversation more interesting.

D16RR

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
No no. It's Samsung for all of us or bust! Didn't you read his intelligently articulated post? We ALL should be buying only Samsung or iPhones! He said: "Might as well buy an apple product for all the good this thing will do you"
Apparently no phones without da remuvible badderee will do any of us any good!! darn, I wish someone had of told me that before I bought numerous other phones without "remuvible batteries derp" over the years that were either as good, or better than Samsung that year!! If only I had known that Samsung is the only phone that will do me any good!!! Oh woe is me....

Do only Samsung phones have removable batteries? I didn't know that. Consider me a Samsung fan.

srigirin

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
It's hardware configuration is not up to the newer standards. I may prefer nexus 4.

I am very happy with Note 2, MotoX may not do as much as Note 2. When Note 3, iPhone 5s enters the market, MotoX may die.

Sent from my GT-N7100