Plans for color combinations, engraving, and wallpaper?

jbruha

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
We still don't yet know what color options will be available nor what portions of the phone will be customizable, but do you already have plans for the customizations you want?

My initial thought was to have black on the front and back and if we can customize the trim, I wanted it to be red. It makes more sense that way since I'd be using it on Verizon and it looks sleek. I also liked Eric Schmidt's black front/white back combo, matching all previously weird looking white Nexus devices. Either way, I'm not decided until I see what colors and options are available.

I don't think I'll get it engraved though. Lowers resell value and I can't think of anything interesting enough that I'd like to see forever on the back of my phone.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
We still don't yet know what color options will be available nor what portions of the phone will be customizable, but do you already have plans for the customizations you want?

My initial thought was to have black on the front and back and if we can customize the trim, I wanted it to be red. It makes more sense that way since I'd be using it on Verizon and it looks sleek. I also liked Eric Schmidt's black front/white back combo, matching all previously weird looking white Nexus devices. Either way, I'm not decided until I see what colors and options are available.

I don't think I'll get it engraved though. Lowers resell value and I can't think of anything interesting enough that I'd like to see forever on the back of my phone.

40 Color options from changing the front and back of the phone. Plastic,Polycarbonate, Ceramic, and Metal as material options. In addition to actually having fabric and wood as material options.

I personally going customize my X all white and have see what the Ceramic and Metal look. No engraving on my Moto X. I would like a black or silver trim but I am excited either way.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app

jbruha

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
40 Color options from changing the front and back of the phone. Plastic,Polycarbonate, Ceramic, and Metal as material options. In addition to actually having fabric and wood as material options.

I personally going customize my X all white and have see what the Ceramic and Metal look. No engraving on my Moto X. I would like a black or silver trim but I am excited either way.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app

All white ceramic and metal with a silver (or even chrome!) trim would look really good.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I'll just do black/black or white/white. Probably the standard color available from the carriers (I'd prefer not to customize honestly). I'm boring :)

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if we can get it engraved with a sports team logo or if that would cause copyright problems.

I'm thinking that options for engraving will be limited to names or short phrases with the slight possibility of some simple, pre-selected, non-copyrighted images. If they're really trying to keep costs down, then they're not going to be paying much for licensing.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking that options for engraving will be limited to names or short phrases with the slight possibility of some simple, pre-selected, non-copyrighted images. If they're really trying to keep costs down, then they're not going to be paying much for licensing.

I agree with you, but I'm still gonna hope. Even if it's an option at an additional cost it would be pretty cool.

bryceh7

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm planning on getting one with a blue back and black front. Been wanting a blue phone for a while! I would also consider a silver metallic one if it's an option. However I'm betting the options will only be plastic/polycarbonate or kevlar.

Sent from my SGH-I957 using Tapatalk

jbruha

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Here's something I haven't noticed from the FCC filings today. This sheds a bit more light on what we can expect for customization options, and it sounds like we won't be seeing custom materials.

FCC Filings said:
2.6.1 Alternative Housings

The front and rear housings and other associated components (bezel, button covers and graphics) will be available in multiple colors and a couple different types of materials. These alternate housings do not have any metallic content differences, pearly content, carbon loading or other significant dielectric loading impact. Testing will be performed on one representative sample and is reflective of the other options.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I've made my decision. I'm gonna customize it with my name, address and social security number, so if I ever lose it whoever finds it can return it to me.

jbruha

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Anyone good with photoshop? I wanna play a game lol let's get some good custom renders up.

I'm pretty good with Photoshop, but I think the effort and time that would go into modifying the leaked press images would be a waste with the official reveal 4 days away. I have a feeling we'll see a website on the order page dedicated to designing and previewing your color scheme so you're not just ordering colors for the phone from a drop-down list.

That said, let me know what colors you want to see, and I'll give it a shot if I have some spare time today. Stalking the internet for Moto X information is pretty time consuming.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01