Always On...

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok so IF the X phone "magic" or whatever they will call it is going to be always "on"(always listening and potentially transmitting), will this effect you buying it?

I ask because when the xbox one announced it was going to be always on with the camera and listening the internet flipped out. I have not seen this kind of reaction to the xphone voice control rumors. If this cannot be turned off or easily modded away i wont touch this thing with a 10 foot pole just for the principal of it.

I fully realize that smart phones these days have the capability for outside parties to listen in to you anyway. I just dont like one advertising it so openly and having hardware dedicated to doing so and indirectly run by arguably the most powerful company in the world.

How does everyone feel about this IF it turns out to be true?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Ok so IF the X phone "magic" or whatever they will call it is going to be always "on"(always listening and potentially transmitting), will this effect you buying it?

No. The info is only used locally and is not transmitted to Google's servers. At least, that's the case for the new Droids according to the Motorola rep Nilay Patel spoke to in his video at The Verge.

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Would the "always on" feature keep me from buying the device? NO. I really don't care if they transmit my location, voice, pictures, video's or whatever. I'm sure some company some where would get some sort of value out of knowing where I go or what I say frequently but it doesn't bother me in the slightest. After a week of any sort of tracking of my actions, they would be bored and stop lol.