You were the chosen one!

slywalk

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
You were supposed to bring balance to the force!
No but seriously here we go. I was super hyped for this device, I didn't care about the closer to mid-range specs that were leaked, I didn't care that it wasn't supposed to compete with phones like the S4 or iPhone5(spec wise, because someone did say it could compete). I honestly believed that the software would blow us away, that the User experience would be so good that it didn't matter. I'm a sucker for customization, the MOTO X was my nerd-gasm. But.But.But.
199$ on contract? Are you kidding me? Only ATT offers customization and 32gb option? IS THIS A JOKE? I was willing to put up with a lot. But a high end price tag on mid range specs and being locked in to one carrier for the ONE feature that makes this phone great? I'm already on ATT but I was about to leave for t-mobile....and am still leaving.
Sorry for the rant, but Im just ..so disappointed.. sad face.
what do you guys think about the moto x?

Nelson Guerrero

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I have been dissapointed with every Motorola phone thats supposed to come it this month.

I was even thinking of getting this Moto X off contract if it was 300 bucks so I could keep my upgrade till a great phone came out.

But 200 on contract is just disappointing. Actually alot of things about it are disappointing. Guess im going to have to go with the Galaxy S4 since it has an sd card slot and removable battery.

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
You were supposed to bring balance to the force!
No but seriously here we go. I was super hyped for this device, I didn't care about the closer to mid-range specs that were leaked, I didn't care that it wasn't supposed to compete with phones like the S4 or iPhone5(spec wise, because someone did say it could compete). I honestly believed that the software would blow us away, that the User experience would be so good that it didn't matter. I'm a sucker for customization, the MOTO X was my nerd-gasm. But.But.But.
199$ on contract? Are you kidding me? Only ATT offers customization and 32gb option? IS THIS A JOKE? I was willing to put up with a lot. But a high end price tag on mid range specs and being locked in to one carrier for the ONE feature that makes this phone great? I'm already on ATT but I was about to leave for t-mobile....and am still leaving.
Sorry for the rant, but Im just ..so disappointed.. sad face.
what do you guys think about the moto x?

(shrugs) I wasn't expecting anything. I had a small hope of being pleasantly surprised by a last minute eye popper but was not expecting it. It basically confirmed my originally planned upgrade path from N4 to N5, just like all the other releases this year did.

TheLegoman

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
After seeing this phone, I have just confirmed with myself that I will hold out for the next Nexus phone. I find the on contract price to be a bit ridiculous, seeing that you can get a HTC One or a Galaxy S4 for the same price, and those phones beat the X out in software features and in hardware IMO.

Posted via Android Central App

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I guess the nexus line is the only one I can count on. N5...lets hope you don't disappoint

The good thing about Nexus phones is that in order to suck, they would actually have to release seriously broken hardware. Because IMO (and apparently many people here judging by how many more threads are about updates than any other topic here) Nexus phones have the most important smartphone spec of them all - total freedom from manufacturers and carriers.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Lol i am sorry but anyone that really thought this thing was going to be sold at nexus prices was living in a fairytale... And for everything else, its Moto. They are consistently underwhelming and disappointing. Not something new.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance