VZ Moto X Pre-Order live at Best Buy

NovaSS369

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Guys, we now have the preorder live for the Verizon Moto X in white and black. This is in store only!

Posted via Android Central App

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
well since the full price is $699 and best buy usuually adds about 100 to the price looks like it will be $599 without contract on verizon. Not to bad wish it would have been a little cheaper but going to pay full retail to save unlimited data

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
well since the full price is $699 and best buy usuually adds about 100 to the price looks like it will be $599 without contract on verizon. Not to bad wish it would have been a little cheaper but going to pay full retail to save unlimited data

And this is where that Verizon Edge plan might come in handy.

cwoms167

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Best buy won't let you do the edge program they confirmed this at a store in my location Springfield pa

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Best Buy should price match Verizon retail price. If you have at least one non unlimited line on the account, you can transfer the upgrade from the unlimited line to the non unlimited line. If you have a family plan already but every one has unlimited, you can add a line and get it. Then later transfer the unlimited line upgrade to to the new line. You can either put a dumb phone on the line or put a dummy phone (no physical phone needed) and just pay $10 per month plus tax.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Best Buy should price match Verizon retail price. If you have at least one non unlimited line on the account, you can transfer the upgrade from the unlimited line to the non unlimited line. If you have a family plan already but every one has unlimited, you can add a line and get it. Then later transfer the unlimited line upgrade to to the new line. You can either put a dumb phone on the line or put a dummy phone (no physical phone needed) and just pay $10 per month plus tax.

They wont because they don't get all those renewal commissions for selling a phone off contract. It is more worthwhile for them to sell the phone on contract.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

I know they usually will I was just saying they price their phones about 100 more off contract than Verizon so should be like 599 through Verizon

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

Will they price match Verizon? I know they recently changed their price matching policies. If Amazon ends up selling the phone for $599 retail I know Best Buy started matching Amazon, so maybe that's an option.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
All this plans are awful. Better to pay up front if you can.

Think of the edge plan as a no interest loan.

Regardless of what people think about Verizon's pricing, if you have to buy a phone off contract for whatever reason, would you rather pay 600 up front or divide over monthly payments and have better cash flow?

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Think of the edge plan as a no interest loan.

Regardless of what people think about Verizon's pricing, if you have to buy a phone off contract for whatever reason, would you rather pay 600 up front or divide over monthly payments and have better cash flow?

I'd rather pay the 600 up front and not have the extra bill every month.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I'd rather pay the 600 up front and not have the extra bill every month.

Everybody is different. Imagine if your phone broke and you were still not eligible for upgrade and didn't have 600 dollars around.

Now here is another theory and part of the idea of investing.

Since the Edge program is an interest free loan, lets say that over 24 months your payments on the phone is 30 dollars(To make the math easy). Now after you make your initial 30 dollar payment, you take the remaining difference and invest that 570 dollars and it nets you a return of 5 dollars a month. You now reduce the costs of your phone by 115 dollars.

I know most people don't even remotely think like this, but hey

call me crazy.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie