Anyone else interested in or excited about the X?

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Ive been enjoying reading about it.. I really do hope the core set up turns out to be awesome, it sounds like a great idea, and I would love to see all the naysayers be shown wrong..
My problem is I love my note2 but im reasy for a slightly smaller phone.. but im spoiled to a big battery (had a razr maxx before the note2) so im really leaning towards the droid maxx if its pretty much the same hardware..
But the moto x def has my attention... and I love the shape and look of it

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

ppama

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I was excited about the always on voice feature. Now that we hear that's standard in the SnapDragon 800, it kind of kills it for me.

The rest of the features can be implemented with Tasker, so if the Nexus 5 comes with the SD800, and sells for less, I'll just go for that.

Or perhaps just go with the LG G2, since I can get it this week. It's specced with the SD800.

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I like the phone but I think I'll pass on this one. I'm very happy with my HTC One currently so maybe next time. Glad to see moto have something other then droids finally and something other then Verizon.

Sent from my HTC One

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I am very interested to see how this phone does. If the performance is what they say it is, it may show down this spec sheet race a bit. I like some of the features it will offer, particularly the always on feature that allows touchless control. Customizing the device could be fun and provide an opportunity to have a unique looking phone, but if you are going to put a case on it, then it may not be worth it. Battery life sounds awesome. I'm not concerned about the screen resolution. I think that 720p is more than enough for a phone. My Nexus 4 had a gorgeous screen, no complaints in that department. So it sounds like a great device and maybe even a winner for Motorola. However, I won't be getting this device. It doesn't really offer much over my Nexus 4 which is a truly great phone. And I am more interested in what the next Nexus is going to look like. But I would probably buy the Moto X over the One or S4.

Sent from my Nexus 7

cdmta

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I was excited about the always on voice feature. Now that we hear that's standard in the SnapDragon 800, it kind of kills it for me.

The rest of the features can be implemented with Tasker, so if the Nexus 5 comes with the SD800, and sells for less, I'll just go for that.

Or perhaps just go with the LG G2, since I can get it this week. It's specced with the SD800.

Haven't heard this Source?

Postoid

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Interested and excited. I will for sure go into our small VZW authorized agent's little camera store as soon as he tells me he has a floor sample. Like so many here, I want to see what's it all about. Since ATT has another small booth space next to Starbuck's at the North end of our small town, I might hit that first since their at the #1 spot for Motorola...for now. We're like one of the last places to get the latest in anything. Like being stuck in the middle between somewhere and nowhere (thank godness for Amazon). My HTC Rez being 2 years old still works fine so a decision to trade it in for the Moto X or just keep it as a spare or memento is hard. TheVerge had a convincing review the other day that just made me more willing to make the jump. Now I'll have to just wait til, I think it's near the end of August before VZW actually gets and distributes the X to all their stores and agents.

Some day we'll see it here in Somewhere, CA

stoneland

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently an iPhone 5 user and I am REALLY interested in the Moto X (also probably because I am on AT&T). Ever since my old slider Sony Ericcson feature phone I've missed having a green phone and the customization option alone on this device is perfect! Sure, I can put on a case (as I have with my iPhone) but there's nothing like having the actual device be colored...no need for a case now! That alone is a huge selling point for me.

I am also really digging the size of this phone. When I had the iPhone 4 I thought it was a good-sized screen. Then when I got the iPhone 5 I disliked it because it was "too big"...but very quickly I realized that even that was too small. But I was never a fan of the 5"+ devices (5" is probably my max, given my usage habits and hand size), so the 4.7" size sounds perfect for me. I also like that the phone itself isn't that much bigger than the iPhone 5.

I've been looking more and more at Android ever since iOS 7 was announced. The features that iOS 7 are bringing are just so underwhelming to me. I want to be able to have ACTUAL widgets on the screen. I want to be able to have lock screen widgets! I want to be able to change more than just the wallpaper on my phone. I want to have notifications that are robust enough for me to actually interact with them and not just display information. The more I read about Android the more I am interested.

This phone is definitely on my list for my next device. I think a lot of people like me, who aren't wedded to Apple, will also be tempted.

ppama

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Ok, Motorola's marketing budget worked. I'm buying one after reading this article:

The Moto X Bet – tecosystems

Very interesting perspective. Thinking of it from a strategic point of view, Google is making an interesting bet. The fact that it's good for the country is an added bonus. It would be great to have an arms race where Asian manufacturers move their factories to the US to compete and win a share of the Motorola market, if the strategy is successful.

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
If you want a user centric review go to the latest Mobile Tech Roundup podcast (Kevin Toefel and Matt Miller do a weekly show) and Kevin just loves this phone. As far as specs go this is just slightly behind the newest phones (HTC One, S4, LG G2) but it is a hybrid SOC with a 1.7 GHz CPU and Krait 300 GPU so it is actually better than the S4 and One as some tests because it is only pushing pixels across a 720P screen instead of 1080P. Unless something bad happens as the reviews start to get updated I really want this phone on VZW instead of my S3 which has always been just a little too big for my hands. I am waiting for VZW to pick up the Motomaker custom order and 32 GB storage (I could get by with 16 but I would hate to have to micro manage my memory to stay with the 16 GB storage.

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I just saw the LG G2. Game over..... Bye, Bye Moto.
My smart phones have been:
Samsung WM Flip -> Samsung Windows Slider -> Treo 700w -> BB Storm -> Storm II -> Droid X -> Droid Bionic -> Droid Razr -> Droid Razr Maxx -> Droid Razr HD ------> LG G2 (Future Phone)

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
If you're interested in a phone that you can't realistically operate with one hand then the Moto X was never targeted for you anyway.

Hope you like it!

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I just saw the LG G2. Game over..... Bye, Bye Moto.
My smart phones have been:
Samsung WM Flip -> Samsung Windows Slider -> Treo 700w -> BB Storm -> Storm II -> Droid X -> Droid Bionic -> Droid Razr -> Droid Razr Maxx -> Droid Razr HD ------> LG G2 (Future Phone)

that phone is pretty hot. LG just let everybody have it. lol. (that's an expression, it doesn't mean they gave the phone to everyone. ;D

MichaelMcEntire

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I will most likely wait until December and then sell my gs4 and buy this in 32 gig flavor. That is if Sprint has it that way by then.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm at least waiting until the LG G2 is announced before I make a final decision but I feel the Moto X has features that are actually useful in everyday life. And an upgrade at AT&T just became available, how convenient ;)

Sent from my HTC One XL using AC Forums mobile app

I think the AT&T version will be the only to get with the customization and 32gb. Post pics of your colors!

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
If you want a user centric review go to the latest Mobile Tech Roundup podcast (Kevin Toefel and Matt Miller do a weekly show) and Kevin just loves this phone. As far as specs go this is just slightly behind the newest phones (HTC One, S4, LG G2) but it is a hybrid SOC with a 1.7 GHz CPU and Krait 300 GPU so it is actually better than the S4 and One as some tests because it is only pushing pixels across a 720P screen instead of 1080P. Unless something bad happens as the reviews start to get updated I really want this phone on VZW instead of my S3 which has always been just a little too big for my hands. I am waiting for VZW to pick up the Motomaker custom order and 32 GB storage (I could get by with 16 but I would hate to have to micro manage my memory to stay with the 16 GB storage.

I would bet anything that Moto Maker is an AT&T exclusive for 6 months. By the time you can get this on Verizon, the way you want it, you'll want something else.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I would bet anything that Moto Maker is an AT&T exclusive for 6 months. By the time you can get this on Verizon, the way you want it, you'll want something else.

I'll take that bet. Several sites are reporting November. There is a thread here, and Droid Life has reported it via Ad Age. Makes sense to me. Soft launch with AT&T to work out the kinks and test the supply chain, then go all out for the holidays. Typical google roll out if you think about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463