Made in USA or Assembled?

fritzo81

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
First watch this great video about the new Texas plant where the MOTO X is being assembled.

So, is it MADE IN THE USA or just assembled? All I have read is that it's assembled in the US. Either way, the average consumer is going to see this video, remember it next time they go to their local wireless store and might buy the MOTO X. Good Job Motorola.

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Assembled in the U.S, Motorola made a pretty big deal with that. But if I remember right some parts were also made in the U.S.

roadkizzle

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I really would love to have an idea how much of the phone is actually made in America. I think we'll have to wait till at least iFixit does a teardown but that will probably just allow us to guess.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
For the people i've told about the phone, for the touchless I?ve gotten everything ranging from mouth open, to ?scary? to ?sounds to good to be true?, but when I tell them it?s made in the u.s. they have an extremely positive reacation. 2,000 jobs, I think it?s f?g awesome, ppl in stores will like that a lot. I think it will be on consumers plus list.

I wonder though where the black and white ones are assembled.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I got the feeling they were doing it in the u.s. to get the custome phone orders out in a timely manner. I thought well, maybe they are being shady and saying Moto maker phones are made in the u.s. making people believe they all are. :D. Wow, that?s 2,000 people they pay ranging from 12-25/hour. That?s pretty cool.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I got the feeling they were doing it in the u.s. to get the custome phone orders out in a timely manner.

Well, they are. But there are also people already working in the factory. I don't think they're being paid to stand around and do nothing while they wait for MotoMaker to launch. They were shown assembling phones on an ABC News clip. Hell, Android Central has posted at least one article with a picture of people working in the factory.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Well, they are. But there are also people already working in the factory. I don't think they're being paid to stand around and do nothing while they wait for MotoMaker to launch. They were shown assembling phones on an ABC News clip. Hell, Android Central has posted at least one article with a picture of people working in the factory.
oh, i believe you, i just had never asked before and didn't really look at the photos, saw a glance of one.

that is so awesome. i am gonna be really happy to own an electronic made the in the u.s.

Now if it only had 9 more cores. *sarcasm* lol

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae