Wait for Moto X Unlocked Sold in Play Store or Nexus 4

danan

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
So I need a phone right now. I had a nexus 4 but left it with my friend overseas so they could sell it(phones are so expensive there).
So I've now been without a phone for 2 weeks, just using a palm pre plus.

I am a google voice user so receiving text messages can only be done on the PC right now which is annoying.

I really want a Moto X but have no interest in a carrier version and probably won't bother if sold for more than $550 on the play store.
Anyone have any educated guesses as to when it may arrive? And do you think they will price it like the One X or S4? I hope not....
I am trying to decide if I should just get a nexus 4. I can always sell the nexus 4 next time I travel(have lots of family in places where its easy to sell it) but its still a hassle.
Then again, if I have to wait at least a month, I think it may be worth just getting a nexus 4.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
So I need a phone right now. I had a nexus 4 but left it with my friend overseas so they could sell it(phones are so expensive there).
So I've now been without a phone for 2 weeks, just using a palm pre plus.

I am a google voice user so receiving text messages can only be done on the PC right now which is annoying.

I really want a Moto X but have no interest in a carrier version and probably won't bother if sold for more than $550 on the play store.
Anyone have any educated guesses as to when it may arrive? And do you think they will price it like the One X or S4? I hope not....
I am trying to decide if I should just get a nexus 4. I can always sell the nexus 4 next time I travel(have lots of family in places where its easy to sell it) but its still a hassle.
Then again, if I have to wait at least a month, I think it may be worth just getting a nexus 4.

If they do, i really doubt it would be in a month, but even if they did, it'll be the same price as the carriers are selling it for retail, which att has said will be $575 for the 16gb.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
If they do, i really doubt it would be in a month, but even if they did, it'll be the same price as the carriers are selling it for retail, which att has said will be $575 for the 16gb.

Yeah, I would not assume it'll be cheaper than other outlets and there is no word on if/when it'd arrive in the Play Store, nor whether that venue would be connected to Moto Maker, etc.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
If I were you I would go ahead and get the N4. When they do eventually sell the X in the play store it will be almost twice as expensive as the N4.

Sent from my Google Play Edition HTC ONE.

danan

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback.

There's also the issue of the next nexus, but my guess is that it will be at the very least 2 months + the time it actually takes to be able to order it and get it shipped etc. + the fact that if its based on the LG G2 then I have no interest because that's just too gigantic for me.

So I happen to already have an unopened nexus 4 in a box. I think Ima go ahead and just start using it.
Thanks for the feedback, at least I feel its a logical decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL